Organization: AIMS - Johnson County, Kansas
Title: Human Services Data Analyst
Location: Olathe, KS USA
The Automated Information Mapping System (AIMS) division of the Department of Technology and Innovation (DTI) is seeking to hire a skilled data analyst who is eager to use their skills to help transform the delivery of health and human services (HHS) in Johnson County, KS. The successful candidate will join a team of professionals who are working to bring about systemic changes that promote:
The HHS programs of Johnson County, KS, are actively engaged in a novel data sharing initiative. My Resource Connection (MyRC), a web application developed by AIMS, is the means by which the sharing of data takes place. The successful candidate will assist AIMS staff to provide ongoing support and enhancements to MyRC. This will include:
- Coordination of care and services across the many County HHS and Criminal Justice programs.
- Greater awareness and access to community resources to assist marginalized populations.
- Connecting clients to services in order prevent crisis situations resulting in visits to the Emergency Room or Jail.
- Increased understanding of the pathways that lead to frequent use of public safety-net services.
In addition to providing MyRC support, the successful candidate will be involved with emerging initiatives related to building a repository of HHS and Criminal Justice data to facilitate research that will lead to policy and program improvements. As part of this involvement, the successful candidate will assist with:
- Maintaining accurate, current, comprehensive, and relevant data about community based Human Services in order to facilitate information and referral (I&R) via MyRC.
- Creating, developing, and managing relevant content for MyRC that promotes opportunities and services for Human Service professionals and their clients, and encourages collaboration among government, non-profit, and private agencies.
- Performing ad-hoc data collection and analysis - presenting results in persuasive reports, charts, graphs, and maps - to help inform decisions regarding the provision of HHS within Johnson County.
- Automating data collection, maintenance, integration, and analysis processes.
- Promoting MyRC through video tutorials, presentations, and trainings.
At a minimum, the applicant will possess an Associateís degree and have two years of work experience in a position requiring technical and quantitative expertise. Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, Engineering, Physics, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field, and more than two years of work experience.
- Developing processes to import, massage, geocode, and de-identify client data.
- Making data accessible to research partners in easily consumed formats.
- Developing and validating predictive models.
- Analyzing data using an iterative process of translating research questions into technical queries, and then allowing the results of those queries to formulate additional questions.
- Presenting insightful results via graphs, maps, and charts.
Must have demonstrated experience and expertise using SQL to query relational databases (SQL Server preferred) and statistical computing/programming in Python, R or related analytical or programming language such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or JMP.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
Experience can substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
- Data integration and manipulation using ETL tools (prefer Safe FME or SSIS).
- Statistical methodologies, including regression modeling, machine learning and hypothesis testing.
- Using data to develop predictive data models for service needs and future outcomes.
- Geographic data (e.g., geocoding, spatial analysis, cartography) and software (prefer ESRI ArcGIS).
- Visualization and reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Database features of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technical skills over time.
- Experience developing and testing hypotheses, designing and improving predictive modeling algorithms, and working around limitations in models.
- Ability to function productively in a variety of technical and non-technical roles and capacities.
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
To apply, visit https://jocogov.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/2885