Organization: Naval Facilities Engineering Command - EXWC
Title: GIS Analyst / GIS Applications Developer
Location: Port Hueneme, CA
Application Deadline: 2017-02-28
GIS Analyst/GIS Applications Developer
Organization: Naval Facilities Engineering Command – Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center
Location: Naval Base Ventura County, Port Hueneme California
The person in the position will use his or her knowledge, skills and abilities in Geographic Information Systems and Geographic Information and Services including spatial analysis, 3-D analysis, and databases, to develop and implement solutions to meet Navy requirements in GIS/GI&S. Work will require the individual to carry out assignments such as:
• Develop, test, and implement GIS applications and databases at Navy bases and other sites.
• Perform GIS data acquisition, translation and analysis; imagery downloads; and graphics and cartographic map development.
• Developing requirements for and assisting in the selection of hardware and software to support GIS requirements.
• Provide GIS consulting and training to assist clients in the use of GIS applications, spatial data standards, and geographic data.
Knowledge of and experience with ArcGIS, Microsoft Office & Access is required. GIS application development and programming is a big plus. Desirable, but not required are experience with, remote sensing/image processing, database development, 3-D modeling, and AutoCAD.
This is a federal full time position as a Navy Civilian Geographer with the normal benefits associated with the General Schedule (GS) pay scale. Work would be on-site at Naval Base Ventura County in Port Hueneme, CA with the NAVFAC Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (EXWC). The Geographer position starts at the GS pay level the candidate qualifies for up to a GS-12 grade level.
• GS Pay Scale: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/16Tables/html/LA.aspx
• Benefits: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Benefits/Pages/Default.aspx
• EXWC: http://www.navfac.navy.mil/navfac_worldwide/specialty_centers/exwc.html
Please send resume to: email@example.com