Organization: Bonner County
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Starting Pay: $50,000.00 DOE
Closing Date: Open until filled Position Summary:
The GIS team operates under the Department of Technology in Bonner County Government to support all of the County Departments with a broad range of geospatial applications. The Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst provides assistance to the GIS team concerning the acquisition and management of a wide range of spatial information for a variety of GIS applications. Examples include the creation and maintenance of a county-wide road centerline layer, master street addresses, address and parcel database, and zoning and land use designation that is subsequently integrated into various geospatial applications. This spatial information makes up county-wide GIS databases that all departments rely upon in their specialized decision making processes and provides the public with access to the county’s authoritative data. May maintains datasets supporting the Enhanced 9-1-1 system, land use or data of land parcels.
This is a full-time permanent position, which includes medical, dental, and life insurance benefits, paid leave, and PERSI retirement.
1. Sufficient combination of knowledge, skills and abilities so as to competently perform the essential functions of the job. Bachelor’s or Master degree in Geography, Computer Sciences or other GIS related field is required or relevant experience, certificate education or on-the-job training may be substituted for education.
2. Technical skills in the preparation of large format presentation quality, printed cartographic products.
4. Minimum of five years’ experience working with ArcGIS software. At least three years’ experience directly related to the development, maintenance, and support of GIS data, spatial analysis and cartographic production.
5. Experience with writing technical documents describing geospatial systems and applications
6. Must possess or acquire a current driver’s license valid in the State of Idaho.
7. Specialized training, licenses, registrations or certificates in: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, or training, specifically regarding the development of custom applications, as well as general training in analysis and data development and maintenance of geospatial data.
8. Experience collecting and processing GPS data for use in GIS data sets. Experience in importing and exporting GIS data to and from GPS units and experience in the configuration of various data collector and GPS units.
9. Experience in working with imagery including creating mosaics, imagery analysis, and interpretation.
10. Good working knowledge of PC-based systems, programs, and using Microsoft Office software. Skill in using MS SQL, Access and Excel is important.
11. Applicant must possess the ability to perform well in a detail-oriented work environment. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical since Planning, Assessor, Emergency Management and the 9-1-1 Dispatch Center will rely on geospatial data in time-sensitive and public safety situations.
12. Ability to interpret, identify, assess, a variety of instructions or information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and plan approaches that respond to the problems or challenges under consideration.
13. Ability to assign priorities to work and research to complete work independently and efficiently while multi-tasking among several duties.
14. Ability to work under pressure with continual interruptions while supporting a broad base of staff throughout the County in a manner that meets their mission requirements.
15. Ability to use PC based computers and their software systems, experience with server technology and server configuration a plus.
16. Knowledge of land surveying technology and techniques a plus.
17. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
18. Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with others, both inside and outside the organization.
To Apply: A complete job description can be obtained from the Bonner County website at www.bonnercounty.us or Idaho Department of Labor. All applicants are required to complete a Bonner County application, which may be obtained at www.bonnercounty.us . Please submit completed applications to the Bonner County Human Resources department by: Fax to: 208-265-1457 or to HR@bonnercountyid.gov via email.
Veteran’s Status: Bonner County will grant a preference to employment of veterans of the U.S. Armed Services in accordance with provisions of Idaho Code § 65-503 or its successor. In the event of equal qualifications for an available position, a veteran or family member who qualifies for preference pursuant to Idaho Code § 65-503 or its successor will be employed.