Organization: MDA Information Systems LLC - Reston, VA, United States
Title: Project Manager/ Technical Lead
Location: Reston, Virginia, United States, 20190
MDA Information Systems LLC has an immediate opening for a Project Manager/Technical Lead supporting a U.S. Government customer in Reston, VA.
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA is an industry leader in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery from the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Developing and sustaining a project management plan
- Regular status update meetings
- Providing activity and financial reports
- Develop and maintain project plans, including maintaining schedules and ensuring timely and accurate deliverables
- Direct supervision of onsite staff, including government directed tasking
Specific to this customer, project management also includes the role of Technical Lead for the Knowledge Management Team. The Technical Lead works with the government Team Lead to determine software development paths, task the developers with specific, actionable requirements, and proposes tactical and strategic direction for the Knowledge Management Team. This person liaises with the Technical Leads of the other government teams to ensure a cohesive organization and liaises with external customers and partners to ensure requirements and expectations are being met.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in geography or related field
- Experience with geospatial software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Erdas IMAGINE, ENVI, SocetSet/SocetGXP, etc.
- Functional knowledge of ArcGIS desktop, geodatabase structure and capabilities, projections and other GIS techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cartography, GIS, spatial modeling
- Knowledge of best practices for data standards, data management, data quality
- Ability to read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs, and use geospatial applications to develop products, services and reports to solve complex Intelligence problems.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
It is desired that the project manager be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI). The PMP is a widely accepted and recognized, rigorous and demanding project management certification that demonstrates experience and competence in leading project teams.
Preferred Experience with one of more of the following:
- Experience in developing 2D and 3D facility characterizations
- Experience performing feature extraction and gathering Finished Intelligence (FINTEL)
- Experience with imagery acquisition and processing using Skyline's TerraBuilder
- Experience deriving and manipulating geospatial data
- Experience applying metadata to geospatial data
- Experience discovering useful geospatial data and fusing it into existing database schema
- Experience preparing FDO packets for geospatial data
- Experience presenting products to senior level government officials
- Experience with TerraExplorer, ArcGIS and ERDAS IMAGINE software
To be qualified you must be a US Citizen and must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.