Organization: SolAmerica Energy
Title: GIS Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA or RTP Area, NC
Application Deadline: 2017-03-01
GIS Administrator Position
SolAmerica Energy is seeking a GIS Administrator to support development of solar energy projects. SolAmerica is a leading solar project developer, EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) contractor and Operations & Maintenance provider of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects for business, public sector and utilities.
The GIS Administrator will be responsible for identifying sites for development, conducting geospatial research for suitable locations and developing/maintaining internal base maps, data sets, KMZs, shapefiles, prospect lists and other data related to specific projects. The GIS Administrator will work in support of the development team to help automate and incorporate geospatial info, maps and data into site control documentation and presentations. Additionally, the GIS Administrator will develop tools, applications and automations for use internally at SolAmerica and with outside parties. The GIS Administrator will also be responsible for utilizing best industry practices. This position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in GIS data development, data collection, data editing, map production and creation, and geodatabase development.
The position will be based out of SolAmerica’s Atlanta headquarters or its Research Triangle, NC office.
• Thorough knowledge of the ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of tools and working knowledge of MS Office Suite is required.
• Use variety of multiple resources and data layers to develop maps and databases of property information for site developers, including project boundaries and ownership, environmental data, transmission lines, etc.
• Support staff and consultants in analyzing sites for environmental & development permitting.
• Experience working with real estate parcel data, Zoning and planning data, FEMA Floodplain mapping, FWS Wetlands mapping, ArcGIS Online, Google Earth Pro and other GIS software.
• Experience with gathering local GIS information and incorporating it into base files.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Solar Energy/other energy, electric utility or municipal GIS experience is a plus.
• Responsible for creating web map applications.
• BA/BS or MS in Geospatial Information, Geography or associated fields.
• Experience in information technology is a plus.
• Candidates should be located in Atlanta, Georgia or the RTP area of North Carolina
Please send CV/resume and references to email@example.com with header “GIS Administrator position”.