Organization: Innovate! Inc.
Title: Geospatial/IT Systems Manager
Location: Ogden, UT
Innovate! Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial solutions team as GEOSPATIAL/IT SYSTEMS MANAGER.
Applicants must live within a daily commutable distance from our client’s location in Ogden, UT.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
This position is contingent upon a contract award.
To be considered, please apply online directly via our website: https://innovateteam.secure.force.com/InnovatePublicJobBoard.
• Demonstrated expertise in managing IT systems that facilitate operational geospatial data processing and dissemination.
• Demonstrated experience in managing enterprise geospatial software (ERDAS, Esri, eCognition, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience assessing priorities, balancing workloads, and allocating staff resources effectively.
• Demonstrated experience assessing requirements; developing scopes of work; identifying constraints, estimating effort level; defining deliverables, coordinating staff resources; and reporting accomplishments.
• Demonstrated expertise in preparing performance testing results, technical reports, and other publications.
• Demonstrated experience at implementing and managing data provisioning applications (i.e., ERDAS Apollo, ArcGIS Server, Data Doors, etc.).
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in managing high capacity computing and storage environment (Linux and Windows) with Bachelor’s degree or 5 years with advanced degree. Experience in managing IT systems that support enterprise-scale geospatial operations is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in project management, client maintenance, and IT system development.
• Experience managing specialized geospatial data acquisition, management, and distribution systems (conduct near real time satellite antenna/ground station operations, maintain nationwide high resolution digital photography archives, serve Lidar data products, etc.).
• Experience achieving computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
• Experience communicating and coordinating effectively with a variety of agency stakeholders and partners.
• Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our website at www.innovateteam.com to learn more about Innovate! Your cover letter must include your salary requirements (residents of MA are exempt from this request).
Innovate! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.