Organization: Mason, Bruce and Girard Inc.
Title: GEOSPATIAL IT SYSTEMS MANAGER
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
GEOSPATIAL IT SYSTEMS MANAGER
Provide expert level support and oversight for IT systems including desktop, server, and network administration. Provide expert level consultation on IT systems architecture with specific emphasis on geospatial technology function and performance. Serve as a point of contact with IT systems managers in the Forest Service CIO and USDA OCIO to coordinate implementation and management of enterprise systems and infrastructure. Provide expert level support and management of on-site information security technology and protocols. Serve as a lead consultant on IT systems to federal program management staff in RSAC, GSTC, and the GMO. Coordinate with Forest Service and USDA CIO organizations and agency technology users to evaluate and implement enterprise remote sensing technology including remote sensing software acquisition and distribution (both standard and customized), hardware evaluation and General IT system administration. In this role you will perform:
To excel in the position for Geospatial IT Systems Manager, you need to be a well-rounded technical expert possessing a client service mindset and exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Expert knowledge is required in system support/administration for Linux servers (CentOS, Redhat, Debian), system support/administration for Windows servers and numerous desktop/laptop workstations (Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7, etc.), and support of IT infrastructure operations.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience administering IT systems in a high capacity computing and storage environment (Linux and Windows).
• Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, administering and maintaining file and application servers, databases, as well as computer equipment and software applications.
• Demonstrated experience at implementing and maintaining data provisioning applications (includes expertise in relevant scripting and programming languages).
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues and rapidly identify and implement solutions.
• Experience achieving IT objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending courses of action.
• Experience assessing existing IT systems, analyzing potential risks, and implementing strategies to enhance computing capacity and performance.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively (oral and written).
Mason, Bruce and Girard, Inc. is one of the oldest Natural Resources Consulting firms in the country. We consistently uphold values of technical expertise, professionalism and quality in every aspect of our business. MB&G has experienced significant growth over the past few years, while maintaining a worldwide reputation for excellence.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/join-our-team/ or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.