Organization: RAMTeCH Software Solutions, Inc.
Title: GIS Project Manager
Location: Stillwater, MN
RAMTeCH Software Solutions is a global GIS data management and solutions company specializing in the utility, telecommunications, and government industry sectors.
RAMTeCH offers a full range of services in the areas of data management, integration, application development, and consulting to support GIS technology and data. We are seeking an experienced GIS Project Manager to work in our Stillwater, Minnesota, office to help manage a variety of GIS projects.
For this position, a successful candidate will have strong knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) and proven experience in managing GIS projects. Internally RAMTeCH employs an Esri ArcGIS 10x platform, but our customers often work with a variety of enterprise and/or customized GIS platforms. In addition, experience and knowledge with other geospatial technologies, relational databases, and familiarity with utility sector GIS data conventions will also be necessary for a successful candidate.
This position will report to RAMTeCH Director of Operations, and work within a local and geographically dispersed Project Management team. Project related travel is required for this position and estimated to be a maximum of 40% of annual time, or less.
1. Bachelor degree or higher in Geography, Computer Science, or related field is desired.
2. Minimum of five (5) years GIS Project Management experience.
3. Minimum of five (5) years hands-on operational experience in GIS software, data, implementation and analysis.
4. Multi-disciplined GIS operational experience (i.e. Esri, Smallworld, Intergraph, etc.).
5. Excellent and proven communication, writing, and problem solving skills.
6. Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio).
7. Formal Project Management Training and/or PMI certification is desirable.
1. Serve as primary operational point of contact for active clients, subcontractors, and offshore resources.
2. Successfully manage and deliver contracted products and services in terms of quality, scope, schedule, budget, and customer satisfaction.
3. Develop, implement, and manage project plans including schedules, key milestones, and deliverables in accordance with contracted obligations. Maintain project tracking tools.
4. Conduct and manage project documentation and communications.
5. Manage project financials and budget, including invoicing and payment tracking.
6. Coordinate, prioritize and direct local and offshore project staff assignments, and monitor for productivity and quality.
7. Assist in sales support proposal strategy, project design, and project start-up activities.
Compensation: Competitive compensation reflects current market rates for GIS professional work. Specific pay rates will be offered to qualified candidates based directly upon relevant experience and skills, education, and professional background.
RAMTeCH Software Solutions offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including life insurance, health/dental/vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays/vacation/sick time, and tuition and training reimbursement.
For confidential consideration, qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to our HR Department. They can be emailed to email@example.com.
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizenship Required
Employment Term: Full Time