Organization: Merritts GIS
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Pleasantville, NY
GIS Mapping Technician – full-time position available for Westchester County based GIS and Land Surveying Company. We offer a competitive salary, including health benefits, simple IRA, paid holidays and vacation time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain GIS model by locating and management of as-built utilities and surface features using GPS devices and window based data collectors.
• Perform analysis to assemble data and maps from asset information contained in the connected model and various other data sources
• Maintain service point data
• Track lifespan of utility asset data, including history, inspection and attachments
• Resolve conflicting data, mapping, connectivity, and land issues through office or field investigation
• Digitize information using GPS coordinates, historical maps and text sources.
• Create, manage, and convert geo-databases and coverages into other formats.
• Perform spatial analysis
• Perform quality control checks of GIS data to ensure data integrity
• Importation of data
In addition, you will assist with migrating the current system from paper to an electronic format.
• 1-2 years of experience with ESRI GIS software – specifically ArcMap and/or ArcGIS ESRI
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
• Must be extremely detailed, have strong data organization and analytical skills
• Experience with GPS devices and data collectors
• Must work well in a team environment
• A degree in GIS or similar (geography, environment or related scientific field also considered)
Submit resume to email@example.com or call 914-769-8003.