Organization: Southwest Minnesota State University
Title: Research Analysis Specialist GIS Option
Location: Marshall, Minnesota, USA
Southwest Minnesota State University
Research Analysis Specialist – GIS Option
Research Analysis Specialist – GIS Option vacancy at Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN. This is a part-time, seasonal position (approx. 16 hours/week during the Academic Year, with a salary range $21.98 – $32.24/hour. This position includes organization, training, and education in the implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology for potential public and private users in Southwest Minnesota; identify and meet the needs of SMSU faculty and students for GIS services, including large format printing needs for the SMSU campus.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Sciences or other appropriate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience with GIS software applications and website maintenance including construction, digitizing, data conversion, data management, and cartographic skills.
- Strong background and thorough knowledge of the theory and use of GIS and an extensive understanding of Systems Analysis and Design procedures for the implementation of GIS.
- Knowledge of current, state-of-the-art computer and information technology systems, networking, hardware, and software.
- Competence and training in the use of GIS software including, but not limited to, ArcView and ArcInfo.
- Strong cartographic skills.
- Working knowledge of various computer operating systems and internet, website maintenance.
- Comfortable with and communicate well at all executive, managerial, and employee levels of any organization and the university.
- Computer network administration skills/training.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and materials up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job):
- Ability to support courses such as Precision Ag.
- Certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience teaching GIS courses, labs, workshops, or seminars.
Application deadline for applying is March 2, 2017. To apply for this position, applicants must submit their resume and application through the Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) Employment web site: http://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/ Follow the directions on the MMB website to apply for this position. Use Job ID Number 11524 to view and apply for the vacancy.
Additional information on Southwest Minnesota State University can be found at: www.SMSU.edu
Southwest Minnesota State University is a member of the Minnesota State system and is an equal opportunity educator and employer.