Organization: City of Arlington - Public Works & Transportation Department
Title: Asset Analyst - Stormwater
Location: Arlington, TX
Use link below to apply:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED:
Applications received on or before February 28, 2017, will be considered for the initial interview process. Applications received after thus date will be reviewed on a weekly basis as needed until the position is filled.
SALARY: $3956.333 -$4825.75 PER MONTH
Under general direction, maintains and administers City asset condition and attribute information in the asset management system, and performs analysis and makes recommendations concerning these assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to provide project life cycle management as it relates to the development of Public Works assets.
2. Ability to analyze and research data utilizing the asset management system to prepare cost projections, condition/aging analysis, and specialized reports and maps for staff and City Council.
3. Ability to integrate and update asset management system with completed maintenance and rebuild projects from the work management system, and develop proposed maintenance and rebuild lists.
4. Ability to provide back up to the Asset System Administrator.
5. Ability to perform regular administration of specific asset management modules.
6. Ability to develop asset-related training materials.
7. Ability to conduct new user and refresher training for users of asset management modules.
8. Ability to keep abreast of and communicate to management industry topics with regards to asset management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of principles and practices of GASB34 regulations.
Knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques and practices.
Knowledge of research and analysis methods and survey techniques.
Knowledge of system design and implementation techniques.
Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) concepts.
Knowledge of report writing software, preferably Crystal Reports or Microsoft Access.
Knowledge of asset management and work management systems and concepts.
Knowledge of project management.
Skill in entering data via computer at an efficient speed with few errors.
Skill in training users in groups and one-on-one sessions.
Ability to learn street and storm water maintenance techniques.
Ability to learn various storm water infrastructure types.
Ability to learn other various City assets.
Ability to learn public sector operational techniques.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication.
Ability to make sound decisions on less than perfect information.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including, but not limited to, personal computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), calculators, telephones, and smartphones.
Ability to use independent and appropriate judgment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and technical documentation.
Ability to prioritize work with limited supervision.
Ability to reason abstractly using quantitative concepts and symbols.
Ability to perform a variety of physical skills including, but not limited to, seeing, sitting, walking and typing.
Ability to write custom queries and reports to specification of users.
Ability to think critically and troubleshoot problems.
Ability to write documentation including, but not limited to, training manuals, job aides and change logs.
Ability to coordinate the implementation of new systems, processes, and practices.
QUALIFYING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Applied Geography plus one (1) year experience in technology implementation and ongoing project management, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Experience working with asset management systems, ArcView, GIS and various databases, including Microsoft SQL Server, is highly preferred. Must successfully complete required pre-employment screen including criminal background check.