Organization: Toth & Associates
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Springfield, MO USA
TOTH has an immediate opening for a GIS Specialist. As a GIS Specialist, you are responsible for a variety of activities associated with the creation and maintenance of geospatial data. This position will be responsible for assisting the GIS department with daily GIS responsibilities such as GIS geodatabase editing, creating high quality cartographic products, and quality assurance/quality control.
We are searching for an energetic, resourceful team member who has the ability to multi-task, while remaining organized and can deal with many different priorities. This professional should be detail-oriented with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic. Strong computer skills and a capacity to learn new technologies are necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Work with Esri ArcGIS 10.2.1 software, Google Earth Pro & ArcGIS Online
• Creation and maintenance of GIS geodatabases; editing tabular and geometric data
• Create high quality maps and other GIS-related products with ArcMap
• Correct errors within GIS data
• Performs high-level manual and/or visual review of preliminary data and final products to ensure usability and accuracy of all data entering the system
• Maintains accurate records and documentation of work performed
• Performs other related technical and administrative duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's degree in GIS or Geography or a related field
• Experience with Esri ArcGIS 10x
• Must demonstrate strong attention to detail
• Strong proficiency with the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications/Additional Useful Skills
• Three (3) years of experience in GIS, Geography, Engineering, or other closely related field
• Familiarity with electrical distribution systems
• Familiarity with AutoCAD
• Knowledge of basic cartographic principles
• Experience using Google Earth
• Applied experience using SQL to query a geodatabase
• Experience with web based mapping, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS for Server
• Basic relational database knowledge
• Private sector GIS experience
• Experience with Trimble GPS units for data collection and Trimble Pathfinder Office for differential correction
• Working knowledge of electric or water/wastewater/storm water utility GIS models
• Knowledge of Milsoft Utility Solutions WindMil (Engineering Analysis) software
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
• $15/hour - $25/hour depending on experience
• Paid vacation
• Medical Insurance
• Sick Leave
About Toth & Associates:
TOTH is a full-service engineering firm specializing in electric utility engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, land surveying, and GIS/mapping. We serve a wide range of clients, including public and private utilities, municipalities, architects, and educational institutions across the country.
Here staff members are more than just employees. Our leadership lives by the idea that employees should be treated like family, and our functionality shows that. With a company that has its clients and employees at the forefront of decision making; a rewarding, innovative and growing company is sure to exist, which occurs at TOTH.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an enjoyable work environment. TOTH employees have a rewarding career at every level.
Visit our website at www.tothassociates.com to learn more about our company.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: