Organization: Quantum Spatial
Title: Technical Specialist
Location: Corvallis, OR
The Technical Specialist (TS) is responsible for execution of, and technical guidance of others through, standardized workflows within a program’s respective specialty technologies (e.g., LiDAR, Imagery, Vector, and/or UAS). The TS will report metrics such as data velocity and quality to contribute to process improvement initiatives. The TS will also be responsible for data processing, quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC), and deliverable creation in their respective specialty technology and department.
- Executing LiDAR data calibration and automated classification
- Establishing, evaluating and improving, and implementing technical processes and workflows
- Troubleshooting and investigating inconsistencies of data processing and airborne sensor functionality
- Facilitating collaboration of team members and relevant departments on data processing tracking, handoffs, and QA/QC
- Training team members and new employees on technical workflow and methodology
- Collaborating on the development of workflow & methodology with Technical Expert and Team Leader
- Supporting project scope and evaluating contract requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional problem solving skills and autonomous troubleshooting
- Proven experience with LiDAR data processing of current sensors in the market
- Proven experience with automated LiDAR point cloud classification and processing
- Effective written and in-person communication skills & adequate professionalism with teammates and clients
- Strong leadership skills
- Successful evaluation and judgment skills
- Initiative and follow-through
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
- Ability to train others using clear communication and provided program tools
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering program
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- 3+ years’ experience in both a professional and technical environment
- Active pursuit of GIS or ASPRS certification or credential
- Masters or PhD degree in a science or engineering program
- 5+ years’ experience in both a technical and professional environment
- Completed GIS or ASPRS certification or credential
- Proficient with automated classification or calibration routines
- Familiarity with professional surveying
- Familiarity with kinematic GNSS trajectory processing
- Familiarity with Leica, Riegl, Optech, Velodyne, and/or UAS sensor packages.
- Familiarity with hydrographic laser scanning principles and processing
- Knowledge of programming languages Python, C++, VB.net, C#, CDD, or other
- Proficiency in applicable remote sensing software packages (Bently MS, ArcGIS, ENVI, Applanix, etc.)
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, resume with professional references, and salary history in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.