Organization: Puget Sound Energy
Title: Supervisor Geographical Information System (GIS) #36066
Location: Bellevue, WA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Supervisor Geographical Information System (GIS) #36066
Puget Sound Energy’s Maps and Records Department is looking for a GIS Supervisor to join our team! If you are interested, apply online at www.pse.com/careers.
The Supervisor will play an instrumental role in delivering information that is used across the organization 24X7 to ensure safe, dependable, and efficient electric operations. In this role, you will be serving front line operations employees, operating organizations, designers, project managers, contract managers, and service providers. Your role will be focused both on the present and the future. Some of the unique accountabilities of this role include:
• Primary responsibility for the electric system network which is maintained within our GIS (Geographic Information System), the data flows feeding the OMS (Outage Management System) and the data integrity between GIS and SAP.
• Leading a team of ~20 IBEW Represented GIS Technicians who review, validate and map over 20,000 changes to PSE’s electric system each year.
• Managing resources & monitoring internal metrics to ensure achievement of corporate level SQIs for turnaround time and backlog.
• Collaborating with MRT’s Labor Management Committee to implement a career development plan for GIS Technicians.
• Driving sustainable business performance through employee development and implementation of business processes.
• Facilitating implementation of technology projects related to overhead maps, document management, and data quality.
• Leading ongoing technical meetings with key customers to coordinate accurate and timely representation of information in PSE’s GIS and OMS.
• Driving continuous improvement in areas related to resource management, throughput, cycle time and quality management.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and builds effective teams.
• Reviews, updates and maintains the electric network model in the GIS.
• Ensures network connectivity, data integrity and accuracy between SAP and GIS.
• Coordinates with other operations departments to maintain data flow from GIS to other systems
• Coordinates with other GIS owners and users to review and approve configuration changes in GIS.
• Works in tandem with IT and other stakeholders in providing innovative solutions to business issues by leveraging existing systems and particpates in analyzing/developing/implementing new tools and applications.
• Monitors, analyzes and manages workloads to ensure optimal use of staff.
• Works closely with other management staff in support of department goals.
• Supports emergency response work including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
• Ensure compliance with codes, standards as well as with design, operations and maintenance requirements.
• Promotes safe work practices to achieve safety goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience may substitute.
• 5 years of experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) or GIS, or related mapping technology.
• Knowledge of network modeling.
• Prior leadership and/or project management experience.
• Experience with document management systems and knowledge of databases and integration with systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
• 5 years of experience in utility system operations
• Working knowledge in one or more of the following: Network modeling; SAP plant maintenance or other related SAP modules; Oracle; .Net; Mapping electric and/or gas distribution and transmission systems.
• Knowledge of applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement and application of rules.
• Prior experience in a supervisory role.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.