Organization: Town of Cary
Title: GIS Developer
Location: Cary, NC USA
Be part of an innovative, high-performance team that's developing and bringing the best technologies from private industry to municipal government. The Town of Cary is committed to becoming one of the nation's top state-of-the-art developers and providers of technology to allow us to give our citizens the best services possible. We encourage innovation, creativity, and outside the box attitudes while solving complex problems and implementing new solutions.
We're currently looking for a qualified GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Developer to join our team and work with us to deliver solutions that increase efficiencies and enable our staff to provide the best for our citizens.
As the GIS Developer, you will be working with a wide range of business units to assess needs and develop applications and integrations using Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) GIS mapping software to enhance service delivery. We seek candidates who are ready to engage in problem solving, have the technical skills to deliver, and want to make a difference in their community.
The GIS Developer will be responsible for designing, coding, enhancing, and testing of Esri web applications to meet business process requirements for a diverse client portfolio. The position is part of the Town's Innovation and Analytics team and the selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with SAS (Statistical Analysis System), Salesforce.com, and other exciting technologies.
The position will report to the Innovation and Analytics Manager.
-Participates in the analysis and review of business requirements along with the design of solutions
-Applies best practices and experience to Esri solutions
- Designs and develops custom code for Esri web application enhancements
- Designs and develops custom code for application integrations
- Develops and documents regression, best use case, and unit testing scenarios
- Defines and monitors compliance with code check-in, backup/recovery, and versioning processes
- Integrates Esri solutions to client software environments and databases
- Executes all steps required to deploy and implement application solutions
- Creates user, maintenance, and support documentation for solutions created
- Participates in self-directed team environments
- Collaborates with project team members on development, customer issues, and security requirements
Read more about Minimum and Preferred Qualifications