Organization: City of Bellevue
Title: Spatial Data Administrator
Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Deadline: 2017-04-05
Position: Spatial Data Administrator
Location: Bellevue, WA
Salary: $83,355.24 - $115,054.80 Annually
Submission Deadline: April 5, 2017
The City of Bellevue is seeking a Spatial Data Administrator with extensive experience in both GIS and database administration. The successful candidate will join the Geospatial Technology Services (GTS) team conducting day-to-day geospatial and non-spatial data management activities in support of critical City functions. This position has a multi-departmental focus and requires a strong commitment to customer service and the high availability of geospatial data stores and related applications.
This position will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of various databases making up the enterprise GIS, including client-side and server-based GIS applications. Participate in the design, development, and implementation of information databases that maintain the enterprise database and use relational database technologies to enhance access and responsiveness to client-side and server based GIS applications. Ensure that data quality and information is consistently maintained and reliably accessible for departmental use. Ability to learn new concepts quickly, retain technical information, and adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and expertise on database strategy, vision, and governance.
• Develop, implement, and enforce application-related database standards; establish common practices for database design, documentation, data quality, naming conventions, security, reporting, user interfaces, and database access.
• Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyze department applications, programming, and operations; evaluate existing systems and design proposed systems.
• Perform database administration activities such as monitoring performance, tuning system resources, monitoring data quality, managing user access, running ETL processes, and supporting critical applications.
• Investigating and resolving user database issues, including troubleshooting batch processing jobs in various environments.
• Investigate and resolve issues with ESRI versioned geodatabases, including user issues on the desktop as well as performance issues in the geodatabase itself.
• Create data models and database diagrams. Maintain metadata and data dictionary for databases used by applications.
• Run data import, export and processing routines from external data sources, FTP sites, and conversions of data between SQL, Oracle, and other data sources.
• Explore and facilitate data integration opportunities between GIS and other enterprise systems.
• Provide applications support by developing reports, create and modify SQL queries and stored procedures, implement automated processes, and perform systems upgrades and general troubleshooting.
• Provide guidance and technology training to all levels of GIS Analysts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience with ESRI enterprise geodatabase administration, including maintenance and troubleshooting, versioning and replication, geometric networks, parcel fabric, and ArcGIS Workflow Manager.
• Extensive knowledge of SQL Server administration and T-SQL programming with SQL Server 2014 and/or SQL Server 2016.
• Possess advanced database design skills.
• Create small applications, modules, or interfaces; working proficiency with standard programming languages, such as SQL and Python.
• Demonstrated knowledge in a wide variety of IT disciplines, e.g. network design, Active Directory, and security.
• Extensive knowledge of the architecture and roadmap for applications related to work orders, permitting, asset management, and COTS GIS platforms such as ESRI and Latitude Geocortex.
• Able to support software developers in designing and fulfilling requirements for application access to enterprise geospatial data.
• Able to perform complex data manipulation, conversion, load and clean up.
• Ability to independently manage a project by being able to scope, plan and execute a project from concept to go-live.
• ITIL incident management and problem management processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the ESRI Local Government Infrastructure Model (LGIM).
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with teammates and customers.
• Excellent writing skills. Experience documenting new and existing processes as well as updating existing documentation when changes are necessary.
• ITD Core Competencies (applies to everyone in the Department): composure; decision quality; peer relationships; perseverance; problem solving; self-development; time management.
Education and Experience:
• This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, or related field, with at least five years of experience as a geospatial professional, using the ESRI ArcGIS platform.
• Technical certification, or equivalent experience, for ESRI Enterprise Geodatabase Management at the Associate level (http://www.esri.com/training/certification).
• Coursework and significant practical experience in Project Management.
***Interested candidates must apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bellevuewa/jobs/1688673/spatial-data-administrator?keywords=spatial&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
The City of Bellevue supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office, at 425-452-6838.