Organization: GeoFields, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA
GeoFields, Inc. is a leading provider of software and services for the oil and gas pipeline industry. Solutions are built through Geographic Information Systems application development, data management and spatial data analytics. Solutions ultimately provide knowledge to pipeline operators used to manage the integrity of the pipeline systems. We are expanding and presently have a GIS Analyst position open in our Atlanta Office
A Staff GIS Analyst is responsible for day-to-day project execution and data deliverables. Projects and tasks may include but are not limited to data collection and integration, map production, advanced spatial analysis and database manipulation. The successful candidate must have a degree in Geography, GIS, or related field or degree in progress. Experience with ArcGIS 10 is required, Experience with SQL, MS Access, Python scripting are desired.
- Technical project tasks, including database design, advanced GIS analysis and modeling
- Task automation through Python scripting, Esri model builder
- Develop and work with relational and spatial databases
- Preform advanced spatial analysis
- Responsible for quality control of both data and process of work
- Ability to communicate task status, needs and issues to team members
- Ability to meet given task scheduling and budget requirements
- Operation of all GeoFields software to suit client needs
- Undergraduate degree in Geography or related field or degree in progress
- Ability to perform Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis
- Thorough understanding of ESRI ArcGIS (including ArcCatalog, ArcMap, ArcSDE and related products)
- Ability to navigate relational and spatial databases in a GIS and RDMS environment
- Microsoft Office – basic tools and also including Visio and Access
- Strong communication skills
Why would you want to work for us?
GeoFields, Inc., a privately held company founded in 1996, provides specialized software applications and consulting focused on the risk assessment and integrity management processes for the oil and gas pipeline operator. With offices in Atlanta, Houston and Denver, GeoFields has deployed solutions for clients in North America, the Middle East, South America and Thailand.
We are actively recruiting people who are passionate and innovative; excel at internal and external communications and who have a true sense of ownership in their work. GeoFields offers many career paths based on an employee’s willingness to learn and show initiative.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a progressive team of analysts, engineers, product managers, software engineers and developers to design and deliver comprehensive software solutions for the oil and gas pipeline industry.
Temp to hire – hourly position.
Position available at our Atlanta Office
Work Authorization: Must have U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residence Status, or be a Green Card Holder to be considered for this position
Please email your resume and supporting materials to email@example.com with the subject line GIS Staff Analyst.
GeoFields is an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Due to the high volume of resumes received, GeoFields will only respond to applicants selected for the interview process.