Title: GIS & Targeting Analyst
Location: Livonia, MI
Do you have what it takes to project manage multi-million dollar media programs in a fast-paced environment while gaining exposure to the top Fortune 500 companies in the advertising industry? Do you enjoy analyzing data and developing cutting-edge marketing campaigns? If so, then the Valassis Media Delivery Team is the place for you!
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop and buy. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. We continue to harness the innovative, entrepreneurial spirit on which this $2.3 billion company was built in 1970.
Employees in our Media Delivery Team interact with all areas of the business, including: sales, marketing, targeting, analytics, logistics and manufacturing. They are experts in Valassis products and services and have detailed knowledge of our constantly evolving offerings. The Media Delivery Team works directly with our clients to develop and present marketing solutions using products such as newspaper, shared mail, digital and more.
As an Associate Targeting Analyst on the Media Delivery Team you will:
• Consult and strategize with sales and clients across industries such as: consumer packaged goods, grocery, retail, restaurant, telecommunications and financial
• Gain knowledge of the Valassis portfolio of products and services
• Analyze syndicated and proprietary geo-demographic, psychographic, client specific and media data sets to develop insightful advertising solutions that meet our clients’ needs
• Utilize Valassis’ premier automated media planning tool to develop integrated solutions that drive maximum ROI
• Apply response analytics and industry best practices to optimize media recommendations
• Develop detailed reports and maps to convey insights and support analyses to both internal and external clients
• A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or a related field
• One to three years of Business/Marketing/Advertising or related industry experience is desired
• Proficiency in MS Excel is required
• MS Access, MapInfo, ArcGIS, Tactician or comparable mapping/database software knowledge is beneficial but not required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment while ensuring high quality execution
• Excellent work ethic and desire to ‘do what it takes’ to learn, grow and provide value to our clients
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
Valassis, a Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. company, is headquartered in Livonia, Michigan with approximately 6,400 associates in 28 states and eight countries. Valassis is widely recognized for its associate and corporate citizenship programs, including its America’s Looking for Its Missing Children® program. Valassis subsidiaries include Brand.net, a Valassis Digital Company, and NCH Marketing Services, Inc. RedPlum® is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families.
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Harland Clarke Digital, Valassis) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-541-3145. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: