Organization: Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc.
Title: Natural Resource GIS Analyst/Programmer
Location: Vallejo, CA
The Natural Resource GIS Analyst/Programmer will provide technical and analytical support for developing and streamlining workflows to prepare and process spatially-explicit datasets for National Forest plan revision. This project shall require programming in multiple languages including Python, and R. The project shall also require advanced knowledge of the following software packages applications: ArcGIS 10, Access, and Excel. The Natural Resource GIS Analyst/Programmer will perform the following tasks:
• Python programming to compile datasets for plan revision.
• Automation, using python, of multi-scale (i.e. ecoregion subsection, forest, and bioregional scale) analysis of bioclimatic, vegetation, wildlife, and other natural resource data. In addition, multi-scale summarization of socio-economic data shall also be required.
• The development of raster surfaces and lists from supplemental data shall be required to produce inputs for modeling ecosystem dynamics, disturbance regimes, and other vegetation analytics.
• Develop cartographic products and perform live on-screen presentations to show FS personnel and the public how data sets were created, how to interpret the resultant outputs and present preliminary summary statistics.
• Oral and written communication with FS staff regarding how datasets were generated or what underlying assumptions are implicit in hypothesis tests.
• If required, create a knowledge transfer plan to coordinate ongoing work with government employees or other designated parties. This includes identifying and documenting:
o Project management processes
o Points of contact
o Location of technical and project management documentation
o Status of ongoing technical initiatives
o Key personnel
o Identify pending actions required of the Government
o Establish status meetings for effective communication with the appropriate Contractor/Government personnel for the period of transition