Organization: Davis Demographics
Title: GIS Technician or GIS Internship
Location: Riverside, CA
*****ONLY APPLICATIONS FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ARE BEING ACCEPTED"""""
Under the direction of Project Managers, responsibilities will include the collection of various types of data for developing and updating our GIS planning databases, telephone follow-up with developers to update subdivision construction schedules, geocoding student databases with ArcGIS, map production and other tasks that may arise. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a leading K-12 demographic company.
GIS Technician receives the following benefits:
1) Medical and retirement compensation.
2) Two weeks vacation (accrued).
3) One week sick time.
4) Paid holidays off.
40 hour workweek (Monday – Thursday 9 hrs. and Friday 4 hrs.).
1) Working knowledge using Esri ARCGIS 10 and Microsoft.
2) Good communication and telephone skills.
3) Excellent writing skills with attention to details in a fast-paced work environment.
4) Proficient in map making.
5) Familiarity with public entities. Experience with urban planning is a plus.
6) Ability to travel to visit clients and conduct research.
Internship is typically a currently enrolled college student or one that has recently graduated with little real world GIS experience.
The Technician position usually requires at least 1-2 years of work in the GIS field.
Email your resume to DKaitz@DavisDemographics.com with a subject line of which job you are applying for: “GIS Technician” or "GIS Intern", depending upon which one you best qualify. This is an excellent opportunity to start working in the growing GIS field.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing examples and share documents that demonstrate your GIS skills.