Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Stereo Compiler I
Location: Charlotte, NC
The stereo compiler interprets and compiles data using 3D softcopy photogrammetric workstation using photographic stereo pairs. Compiled data includes planimetric map vectors and terrain/elevation data. The technician is responsible for compiling data according to specifications and following QC procedures provided. Work is performed in a CAD environment using customized tools in Microstation. Some projects may require direct compilation in ESRI (ArcMAP) or AutoCAD.
• Capture of 3D vector data from aerial imagery using 3D glasses for stereo view.
• Compilation of planimetric features (roadways, vegetation, drainage and structures) in separated levels, colors and symbology, using Sanborn’s customized tools in MicroStation
• Compilation of 3D surface model, with points and lines to represent the topography of the terrain for generation of terrain contour lines.
• Review and Quality Control of compilation performed by peers and/or other sub-contractors;
• Limited edit of vector files according to project specifications;
• Meet deadlines set for the projects;
• Other duties, as assigned, related to photogrammetry and Geospatial products, such as DEM (Digital Elevation) analysis and topology checks.
• High school diploma required;
• Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree, or certificate in relevant course of study in CAD drafting and drawing, remote sensing, or the equivalent work experience is a plus.
• Three-dimensional measurements and interpretations using a softcopy photogrammetric instrument
• Training will be provided to the candidate that shows potential to perform the work
• Drawing with Microstation for creation of vector files.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.