Organization: CEDARVILLE Engineering Group
Title: GIS Professional
Location: Pottstown, PA 19465
CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC (CEDARVILLE) is seeking a GIS analyst/system administrator with advanced skills with the ArcGIS Platform and experience or interest in water resources. CEDARVILLE is a civil engineering technology company, located in Pottstown, PA, that specializes in engineering, municipal and environmental services, government contracting, infrastructure asset management, and reality modeling. The CEDARVILLE team consists of highly experienced professionals, including: engineers, civil designers, soil and environmental scientists, construction and building code inspectors, and GIS specialists. We are seeking a highly-motivated GIS professional who can work effectively in a fast paced team environment.
• Conducts spatial analysis and map preparation using ArcGIS in support of stormwater management and other environmental projects.
• Organizes and manages diverse spatial datasets in a geodatabase – performs data clean-up, database administration, metadata documentation, and data management.
• Develops GIS applications and web mapping services using AGOL and other tools in the ArcGIS Platform to support customer needs.
• Assists in developing a GIS hardware and software architecture plan to meet the needs of Cedarville’s Growth Plan. Manages and maintains GIS software agreements.
• Documents GIS Best Management Practices to ensure quality and effectiveness of GIS business processes.
• Assists in the development of GIS related project plans, technical requirements, and proposals, including budgets.
• Manages GIS mapping and analysis projects.
• Works under the general guidance and direction of a Manager or Professional Engineer.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and members of the public.
• Assures compliance with federal, state and local codes and standards and contractual provisions.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in geography, environmental science, water resources, or similar field.
• 3-5 years of professional experience working as a GIS professional.
• Thorough knowledge of ArcGIS software including ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise.
• Knowledge of SQL Databases and ability to perform basic queries in SQL.
• Familiarity with aerial photography and interest in 3D modeling.
• Skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications, and CAD files.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record for the past three years.