Organization: Jones Edmunds
Title: GIS Project Manager
Location: Gainesville, FL USA
The GIS Project Manager exercises discretion and independent judgment in managing projects of various scopes with complex features, and in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Project Management Manual. The GIS Project Manager is responsible for overall project quality, schedule adherence, and financial performance. This individual assigns tasks to staff working on the project, as well as performs technical project work. The GIS Project Manager has extensive interaction with technical and non-technical staff, clients, officials, contractors, vendors, and others. The GIS Project Manager prepares the scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments, many of which are expected to be asset management related endeavors. The GIS Project Manager has extensive experience with, and a strong understanding of, geographic information systems and applications. The GIS Project Manager also has the ability to work with enterprise information systems, relational database management systems, and application and database servers. Applicants must have good communication skills and have demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and perform work on time and within budget. This individual is expected to attend project meetings and develop and make presentations concerning specific aspects of GIS and asset management assignments. The GIS Project Manager is responsible for continued marketing and sales to clients with whom they are working. Some travel within the state of Florida will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage projects in accordance with the exercise of discretion and independent judgment, use of experience and knowledge, and in compliance with Jones Edmunds Project Management Manual.
- Develop concise scope, schedule, and fees for projects and additional scope/services requested by clients that yield highly successful projects for clients and the Company.
- Develop project plans and manage project performance.
- Negotiate fees and prepare contracts, including additional fees for out-of-scope work and additional work desired by the client.
- Oversee the work of staff on a project-by-project basis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project plans in the Company’s management information system including project fundamentals, labor projections, financial goals, and quality program planning.
- Communicate regularly with the team on project activities and track project progress on completed work relative to agreed-on scope and deliverable goals.
- Prepare for and participate in regular project performance reviews with Department Managers and Operations Managers.
- Conduct project team meetings and make presentations to clients.
- Communicate with clients about project progress, including any challenges or changes required on a project.
- Work with team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Provide consultative value to clients.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Develop client proposals for projects to ensure a complete scope that meets Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
Input, monitor, and update marketing opportunities alone or in conjunction with the Primary Client Contacts.
- Work closely with the Primary Client Contacts to ensure they are informed of project progress, accomplishments, and challenges.
- Work closely with the Primary Client Contacts to develop new projects and maintain client satisfaction.
- May be assigned as the Primary Client Contact for a client or clients.
- Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
- Direct the work of GIS Analysts and GIS Technicians on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with other Project Managers, Project Leads, Clients and team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Acquire, develop, build, and update relational and spatial databases.
- Manage and analyze complex datasets.
- Provide expert advice on issues related to spatial data analysis.
- Translate application of GIS spatial analysis to practical real-world situations for clients.
- Provide technical expertise during proposal development and client presentations.
- Provide technical mentoring and training to clients and co-workers.
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures that ensure the accuracy of GIS information is maintained.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Cityworks AMS systems.
- Maintain and manage application and database servers.
- Prepare concise and correct written correspondence.
- Work independently or as part of a team to perform technical activities consistent with project plans within project scope and budget.
- Ability to design a complete project, system, component, or process and prepare complete project documents.
- Ensure project technical documentation is consistent with project plans and within project scope and budget.
- Identify problems, evaluate options for resolution including risks associated with each, and implement appropriate solutions.
Quality Program Responsibility
- Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control on projects in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Project Management Manual and Jones Edmunds Quality Program to ensure projects meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
- Hold team members and reviewers accountable to the Jones Edmunds standard for quality.
- Conduct and document brainstorming on all projects before the cost proposal is prepared.
- Manage quality control activities to ensure appropriate quality control staff are engaged, and to ensure timely completion and documentation are occurring in accordance with the Company’s Quality Program.
- Ensure quality control is being implemented on subconsultant work product.
- Manage the QC tracking system to ensure quality control is properly documented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS /BA in Engineering, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning, Computer Science, Information Systems, GIS, Geology, Engineering or related field from accredited college or university
Certification: GISP and / or PMP Preferred
Experience: 8+ years of progressive experience including 3+ years of successful project management experience using Cityworks, ESRI ArcGIS software (desktop, online, server) or other technologies, especially Microsoft Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office Suite, current Windows OS, web-enabling technologies, or related technical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must have strong analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills. Must be knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, accounting, finance, and practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design services. Musthave strong computer and technical skills. Must stay up to date on industry standards and have the ability to apply new technical knowledge on the job. Must also possess the skills required to positively and productively interact with the client.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.
Apply online at: http://www.jonesedmunds.com/careers