Organization: ASRC Federal Vistronix
Title: Junior GIS Analyst
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
For any interested parties, please contact Amy Pilgrim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASRC Federal Vistronix is a technical, professional services company providing state-of-the-art solutions to government and commercial clients. Our services include custom-engineered solutions that integrate with the latest technology, resulting in advanced information technology systems; business and management consulting services to assess client needs and reengineer processes; and strategic and tactical program expertise to support continuity and provide comprehensive oversight for mission-critical initiatives.
We partner with government and commercial agencies that require development of systems, such as communication systems, asset management, network deployment and engineering services, power and energy management solutions, portal applications, command and control, and geospatial information systems (GIS) to operate more efficiently and profitably.
As an emerging IT consulting and strategic outsourcing leader, we're always looking for exceptionally bright and motivated people to join our team. We are thought leaders in our market space - providing comprehensive solutions to our clients, throughout the enterprise. If you are looking for an opportunity to use your skills in new ways, in an environment that promotes free thinking, presents positive challenges, and makes real impact - ASRC Federal Vistronix is the place for you.
The Junior GIS Analyst should have a sound understanding and good knowledge of cartographic principals and spatial analysis. This candidate will provide GIS technical and cartographic support utilizing the ESRI suite of products. The Junior GIS Analyst will work closely with other GIS professionals to provide a host of cartographic and spatial products. The analyst will assist with the development of web-mapping products and applications, along with the creation of high-quality cartographic products; these cartographic products are used for environmental assessments or as analysis tools, for publication and/or public display. Responsibilities include the following:
• Creation of high-quality cartographic and geospatial analysis products
• Geospatial data acquisition and data development
• Geospatial application development and web-mapping tool generation
• Processing geospatial data from native formats
• GIS technical and cartographic assistance and technical support for GIS software and hardware
• Maintaining and creating spatial databases in a multitude of platforms
• General GIS technology research and development
• It is also desirable if the candidate possesses any technical geospatial knowledge, understanding and skills for web-based geospatial applications such as ESRI ArcGIS Online, FGDC metadata standards, management of digital imagery and raster products.
• BA/BS in Geography, GIS, or related physical or social science field
• Two years professional GIS experience preferably in an environmental-related field
• Knowledge of geospatial analytical and cartographic techniques (Previous experience in cartographic production or map design)
• At minimum, knowledge of ArcGIS (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) is a requirement
• Geospatial data processing and data development
• General mapping and geospatial technical support
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (Written and Verbal)
• Support other GIS Analyst with advanced assignments
Candidates will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.