Organization: City of Bryan
Title: Engineering Technical Assistant
Location: Bryan, TX
The City of Bryan is currently accepting applications for Engineering Technical Assistant. This position performs responsible paraprofessional work in support of municipal engineering and planning activities.
$16.15-$22.50/hr (depending on qualifications)
- Assists engineers in design and preparation of plans and specifications for various city capital improvement projects including bid quantity take offs.
- Assists in preparing capital improvement projects for bidding and construction
- Prepares and updates schedules of activities for various projects, including capital improvement projects.
- Prepares easement documents including writing metes and bounds survey descriptions and preparing drawings to support the easement.
- Prepares and maintains various checklists, templates and support documents for the Engineering Division.
- Responds to Open Records Requests from the public.
Manages records management for the division including scanning of records of public infrastructure and development into City's Laserfiche records management system such as as-builts, correspondence, plats, drainage reports, etc.
- Manages remaining paper file system and continuously works to move those records into Laserfiche.
- Provides to staff, other city departments, business customers, and citizens information such as easement locations, ROW width, as-built drawings of infrastructure or plans and records associated with development related infrastructure including reports, correspondence, ordinances, etc.
- Utilizes the City's Geographic Information System (GIS), Records Management System, Online Permitting and Inspection System (E-Trakit), and Financial Accounting System (Sungard HTE) in course of daily job responsibilities.
Maintains and updates several databases to ensure easy access to recently completed and archived engineering and planning information including the monthly status report for the capital improvement projects, contractor insurance information, plan review tracking, and utility permits to name a few.
Updates and maintains department's webpage and FTP content.
- Assists Engineers with updating Standard Construction Specifications, Details and Design Guidelines using various software packages including AutoCAD.
- Provides information annually to Finance Department regarding depreciation of newly installed public infrastructure.
Reviews and processes right of way, utility and driveway permits including research on existing utilities and conflicts within public right of way.
- Manages City's contractor registration program.
- Assists employees with use of equipment such as large format scanner, plotter, and copy machines.
- Performs related duties as required
High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 2 years additional training or education in area of specialization plus 5-8 years of related work experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education, experience, certification, and training.
About Bryan, Texas:
Bryan is a city noted for its warmth and hospitality. It covers an area of 34.5 square miles and has a population of over 77,000. Situated in the center of the "Texas Triangle" formed by Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio, over 80% of the state's population is within a three hour drive from Bryan. Bryan and its sister city, College Station, are also privileged to be the home of Texas A&M University and the George Bush Presidential Library.
A City of Bryan online application is required. For a complete job description or to apply visit the link provided below. Please attach a resume to the City of Bryan online of application. You should receive an online confirmation upon successfully applying.
Click here to apply.
The City of Bryan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.