Organization: GeoFields, Inc.
Title: Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
GeoFields, Inc. is a leading provider of software and services for the oil and gas pipeline industry. Solutions are built through Geographic Information Systems application development, data management and spatial data analytics. Solutions ultimately provide knowledge to pipeline operators used to manage the integrity of the pipeline systems. We are expanding and presently have a project manager position open in our Atlanta office.
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering a variety of solutions to our clients within established parameters. Based on GeoFields’ nimble and efficient culture, numerous opportunities will exist for the PM to participate in corporate presentations, account management, strategy setting and other activities to gain experience and professional growth.
• Implement the GeoFields’ project management guidelines and processes throughout the project lifecycle.
• Understand and manage client expectations and business needs.
• Accurately document and manage scope.
• Plan, execute, track and measure all project activities required to successfully deliver to the client. Report on project schedule utilizing EVA.
• Utilize estimating techniques to accurately create project plans.
• Manage and report upon project budgets, scope, and schedule
• Provide contract management to support the project including: understanding contract language and provisions; create statements of work; and proficiently handle change orders.
• Identify, manage and resolve project issues and risks as necessary.
• At the appropriate time, gain client acceptance of project deliverables and/or resolve outstanding issues.
• Manage the calculation and submission of invoices to the client based on milestone or T&M contracts.
• Identify, manage and communicate resource dependencies. Also monitor utilization of the team resources during project activity.
• Manage project resources providing performance feedback and input into evaluations.
• Assist Account Managers in responding to RFPs for new opportunities. This assistance includes scoping, costing, issue identification, presentation, proposal writing, etc.
• Provide training and or coaching to team members.
• Travel as required to meet business needs.
• Minimum bachelors degree in GIS, IT, engineering or related field.
• 5 to 10 years experience as a PM in responsible charge of delivery.
• Experience in pipeline (gas and liquids) or utilities a plus.
• Competent with MS Project and other MS suite of tools.
• Experience using a documented project management methodology based upon sound PM principles (e.g. PMBOK). Certification preferred.
• Proven history of successful project execution
• Ability to develop project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
• Thorough understanding of the ESRI product family
• Strong communication skills
• Highly self-motivated – driven to “get the job done”
• Proven history of “do it once, do it right”
The ideal candidate will have experience within the oil and gas industry, a thorough understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and PMP certification.
Why would you want to work for us?
GeoFields, Inc., a privately held company founded in 1996, provides specialized software applications and consulting focused on the risk assessment and integrity management processes for the oil and gas pipeline operator. With offices in Atlanta, Houston and Denver, GeoFields has deployed solutions for clients in North America, the Middle East, South America and Thailand.
We are actively recruiting people who are passionate and innovative; excel at internal and external communications and who have a true sense of ownership in their work. GeoFields offers many career paths based on an employee’s willingness to learn and show initiative.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a progressive team of analysts, engineers, product managers, software engineers and developers to design and deliver comprehensive software solutions for the oil and gas pipeline industry.
Position available at our Atlanta office
Must have U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residence Status, or be a Green Card Holder to be considered for this position
Please email your resume and supporting materials in Word or PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line Project Manager
Travel requirement: 10% - 20% dependent on project needs
There is no relocation assistance available for this position
GeoFields is an EEO/AA Employer