Organization: Puget Sound Energy
Title: Outage Management System (OMS) Support Analyst #56046
Location: Redmond, WA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Outage Management System (OMS) Support Analyst #56046
Puget Sound Energy’s System Operations Department is looking for an Outage Management System (OMS) Support Analyst to join our team! To apply for this position, search for #56046 at www.pse.com/careers.
We are a tight-knit team, based out of our Redmond office, with a primary role of supporting the safe and efficient operation of the electric distribution system through OMS. In managing the OMS, we also get the opportunity to work with others throughout PSE to support outage communication, grid improvements, and field technologies.
The OMS Analyst will work with various departments to ensure that mapping standards and data conditions meet the operational needs of the electric distribution system. They will perform analysis of the network model and make recommendations for process, mapping and/or system changes. Due to the ever changing nature of our support role, candidates should be flexible and eager to learn. This position offers room for intellectual growth as well as the opportunity to take ownership of various departmental projects.
Specific duties can include processing data changes and deciphering error messages within the constraints of the model architecture, working closely with System Operators to resolve discrepancies between the model and field conditions, assisting during storm events, creating documentation to assist other departments in their interactions with the OMS system, creating and integrating new substations into the OMS system, updating SCADA information, reporting defects and conducting quality assurance testing, and acting as a liaison with other departments that touch the network model or its outputs.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education, training and/or work experience may substitute.
• 3 or more years of relevant experience with minimum of 1 year experience with GIS.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products, primarily Word and Excel
• Experience working with a focus on Customer Service
• Ability to switch between work tasks, and to handle multiple, high-priority tasks concurrently
• Experience in any of the following: Network Modeling, Outage management, SAP, Mapping electric systems and/or substation configurations, SCADA/EMS/DMS, Interpreting electrical engineering designs and specifications
• Experience with Quality Assurance practices and defect management
• Working knowledge of utility OMS and DMS
• Strong desire to improve skills and take on new projects
• Attention to detail
• Working knowledge of electric utility construction standards
• Ability to plan and execute work with minimal guidance
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Self-starter who is a strong team player
• Ability to discuss many options and objectively determine the best solution to a problem
• Ability to change ideas quickly with new information
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.