Organization: MDA Information Systems LLC
Title: 3D Geospatial Analyst
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Application Deadline: 2017-08-26
MDA Information Systems LLC has an opportunity for 3D Geospatial Analysts at our HQ in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. We are industry leaders in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery form the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. We have excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be qualified candidate must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
• Interpretation of stereo satellite imagery
• Accurately digitize features from stereo satellite imagery
• Accurately identify and categorize features from satellite imagery
• Interpret maps and other sources of geospatial information
• Other imagery and geospatial mapping related activities
• Minimum 2 years performing stereo mapping using SocetSet
• Ability to read hard copy and raster maps
• Create map products from geospatial data layers
• Ability to perform interpretation of satellite imagery
• Ability to perform extraction, editing and validation tasks on vector /raster data layers
• Ability to perform GIS modeling
• Bachelor's degree in physical or earth sciences or technical discipline related to GIS and/or 3-5 years professional experience
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be eligible for a US security clearance
To be qualified, you must be a US citizen and must have the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
• Experience and/or in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following image processing software programs: SOCET Set / GXP, ERDAS Stereo Analyst, or other stereoscopic extraction
• Database experience with ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, Oracle, Postgres a plus
• Programming experience using Python, VBA, C++, C#, or Java a plus
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kr72ywp89zrd4666