Title: Sr GIS Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
AppGeo is a leader in high quality geospatial services and solutions. Since 1991 AppGeo has provided GIS professional services to a wide-range of customers in both the government and commercial sectors. Our teams feed innovative thinking, provide insights to challenging problems and deliver valuable support to our clients. The AppGeo Team is growing and we’re looking for a self-motivated, talented person to join the company’s Services Group as a Senior GIS Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will join a team of professional staff focused on delivering complex geoanalytics for commercial clients.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with advanced tools and technologies including Alteryx, Carto, Python, ArcGIS Business & Network Analyst, to extract insights using techniques such as clustering, simulation, prediction, scoring, and optimization
- Supporting commercial clients on-site with demographic analysis, risk assessment, supply chain management, scenario simulation, and competitive intelligence.
- Building data ecosystems by aggregating, augmenting, and transforming internal and external sources of data.
- Delivering high-quality cartographic products
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and drive to succeed
- Ability to break down and solve problems independently with minimal guidance
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Candidates should have, at a minimum:
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the job duties and responsibilities
- 3-5 years of professional geospatial consulting experience
- Advantageous education/experience:
- Education/training in statistical analysis
- Experience with statistical analytics software packages
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline
We can offer many benefits including:
- A great downtown Boston location
- Flexible work hours
- Subsidized public transportation
- A 401K plan with company match
- Medical and dental benefits
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. AppGeo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to SrGISAnalystJob@appgeo.com.
Please include your salary expectations and US citizenship status. No recruiters please.