Organization: Zayo Group
Title: GIS Developer
Location: Denver CO or Boulder, CO
Reports To: Director of GIS
The GIS Developer will be part of a GIS Development team tasked with the goal of integrating Esri into Zayo through web and desktop applications. Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products make up the core of Zayo’s enterprise GIS solutions. This GIS ecosystem along with Salesforce.com and other fiber management tools is core to Zayo’s architecture and fundamentally supports the company’s overall business strategy. The ideal candidate will be passionate about GIS and Application development and have a desire to work in a fast paced environment where skill sets will develop quickly.
• Develop ESRI based tools to enable visualization of Zayo’s vast fiber foot print
• Cutting edge analysis in order to develop GIS Strategy in the Technology Organization
• Will be responsible for assisting in transitioning our cutting edge fiber visualization systems from Open Source to Esri technologies
• Manage and maintain an enterprise ArcGIS Online site with a large amount of users
• Will assist in developing and deploying geoprocessing services for consumption by non-GIS users
• Will write python and geoprocessing scripts for use by other GIS users
• Will train non-technical employees in various GIS workflows
• Will troubleshoot various GIS problems for a user base of over 300 users. Problems include issues with tools, server management issues, issues with processes, and questions about new workflows.
• Assist other teams with various, ad-hoc GIS requests
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Due to the large amount of customer acquisition data available in GIS, the GIS Developer will need to provide “out of the box” thinking to provide cutting edge Network Analysis tools that can easily consumed by Sales and Operational specialists. Constant improvement of these GIS tools should result in ultimate efficiency by leveraging enhanced Maps. When these maps are viewed by not only Zayo employee base, but the outside world; the GIS Developer will responsible for ensuring the GIS team is producing the best possible product and industry leading interface in regards to ESRI Technology.
• Extensive knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products including vector data creation and management
• Strong IT skills and experience with ArcGIS for desktop, ArcGIS Online, and Enterprise Databases
• Experience with python scripting, ArcPy, and building workflows and training decks for non-GIS users
• Needs to be comfortable troubleshooting GIS issues, balancing a variety of demands independently, training issues, and explaining technical problems to non-technical users
• Solid analytical aptitude and strong problem solving skills are required
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act) Requires constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on uneven surfaces, grasping and crouching. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 10-20 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
A degree in Geography/GIS or other closely related discipline with a strong focus on geographic concepts and principals in addition to 3-5 years of experience; or 5+ years of demonstrated real world experience
• Demonstrated experience with the design and development of geospatial applications ranging from server products of ArcGIS Server, ESRI Geodatabase, and Oracle Spatial along with the desktop products of ArcGIS Desktop. Experience in / knowledge of telecommunications industry through direct or indirect work experience.
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
• Fitness membership discounts
• Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Submit Resume to