Organization: Innovate! Inc.
Title: GIS Web Developer (Remote)
Location: Remote - Must Be Located in the United States
Apply directly via our website: https://innovateteam.secure.force.com/InnovatePublicJobBoard
Innovate! Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial solutions team as a GIS Web Developer. Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants who have experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and server software as well as with developing desktop and web-based GIS applications using a variety of programming languages. In addition, the individual must have a background in developing web pages in ASP.NET using C#. Client interfacing skills are very important for this position, and the ability to be detail oriented in the area of project management.
You will be responsible for working with a core team to manage large and small GIS projects for environmental applications. You may be called upon to assist with the design, development and maintenance of geospatial applications through concept, design, and implementation phases. Your role will also include supporting other personnel in utilizing GIS applications and software as well as interfacing with clients and teaming partners.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
• Ability to work with ArcGIS Desktop tools, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE.
• Strong background in data management.
• Must have the ability to manage GIS data within SQL Server database environments.
• Ability to use environmental data and developing applications for visualization, analysis and presentation of environmental data.
• Experience in web design/development an understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies, work independently, and quickly turnaround maps, application prototypes or deliverables.
Education and Experience:
• At least 2 years of GIS development experience or equivalent college level course work.
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or related field.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please apply directly via our website at www.innovateteam.com/careers. Please note that your cover letter must include your salary expectations.
Innovate!, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Innovate! Inc. is unable to sponsor candidates at this time.