Organization: MDA Information Systems LLC
Title: GIS Administrator
Location: Arnold, Missouri
Application Deadline: 2017-09-22
MDA Information Systems LLC in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking a GIS Administrator to work in Arnold, Missouri.
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA is an industry leader in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery form the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The GIS Administrator is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise level geospatial database that contributes to the GIS architecture.
• Responsible for performing complex analysis, design, development and modification of GIS database strategies
• Monitor and improve database performance and capacity
• Planning for future expansion requirements
• Thorough understanding of industry GIS tool suites to include GeoServer and ArcGIS Server (desired 3+ years of experience with one or more of these tools)
• Thorough understanding of publishing web services from spatial databases
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Tool Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Thorough understanding of the following interfaces and formats (at a minimum): standard web service protocols (SOAP, REST and OGC)
• Understanding of cloud migration and modernization
• Minimum of 5 years experience in GIS Administration and systems testing
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in NGA GIS Administration, and testing
• 3 years of GIS Administration experience working with NGA and Mission Partner Programs
• Bachelor's Degree in associated technical discipline; M.B.A, M.S or M.A desired or 5 years of equivalent work experience
• Professional certification in GIS preferred
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/xsb3xxw5nk4fqfpq