Organization: Marquette GIS Inc
Title: GIS Administrator- VA509287
Location: Richmond, VA
Marquette GIS, Inc. is seeking a GIS Administrator to work for our client in Richmond, VA.
Pay Rate: $62/hr all inclusive
Duration: 1 year with extensions
Start Date: ASAP
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview, NO phone interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions
Seeking a GIS Administrator experienced in ArcGIS Server administration, and Windows server administration.
• Manage the installation, configuration, upgrade, and troubleshooting of GIS spatial system including web and map services, database connectivity, and server infrastructure. Perform deployments within multiple GIS software environments
• Recommend optimal approaches and develop GIS application designs.
• Advise on alternatives and on implications of new or revised GIS software and applications.
• Support the platforms that provide ESRI web and mobile software & extensions
• Work on a variety of new and existing GIS projects, deploy new portal applications, as well as perform work to enhance, optimize and maintain existing applications.
• Perform production support / incident management where troubleshooting is required to determine root cause of outages in the environment, that could stem from various factors, such as storage, network, data, etc. and correct hazards to prevent future recurrence
• Extensive systems administration experience on the Windows Server platform. Experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, STP, load balancing, clustering, firewall rules, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
• Experience architecting Microsoft Internet/Intranet solutions. Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and trouble-shooting.
• Knowledge of requirements and tools used for application and server hardening.
• Prepares detailed system deployment documentation, architectural diagrams, and provides input for creation of operations manuals.
• Provide recommendations to management on possible decommissioning of servers.
• Assesses needs and performs upgrades of application software as required.
• Monitors security alerts and installs software patches promptly along with monitoring systems for performance.
• Work in a matrixed environment with various teams and stakeholders within the organization
• Work with both the business side and IT side of the organization
Use of Monitoring Tools, PowerShell scripting, server patching 3 Years
Microsoft IIS 6.0 – 10.0, .NET Framework 2.0-4.7 3 Years
Skilled in use of XML, Web Services, API, REST, SOAP, firewall security, load balancing configurations, clustering, highly avail applications 3 Years
Windows Server 2008 – 2016 Server Administration 5 Years
ESRI ArcGIS, ArcMap, ArcSDE, SDK and Geoprocessing tools 5 Years
Esri GIS Portal, ArcGIS Image Server, & Esri Portal Insights 5 Years