Organization: Marquette GIS Inc
Title: GIS Technician- VA507193
Location: Richmond, VA
Marquette GIS, Inc. is seeking a GIS Technician to work for our client in Richmond, VA.
Pay Rate: $40/hr all inclusive
Duration: 1 year with extensions
Start Date: ASAP
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview, NO phone interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions
Seeking an experienced Geographic Information System (GIS) Techinican to assist in maintaining SPS and providing GIS support to transportation planning staff.
The State Planning System (SPS) is planning tool for maintaining data and information concerning planning activities including the Federal Functional Classification,National Highway System, Census urban area, travel demand modeling, and future needs assessments. The system features data that includes: roadway inventory, traffic projections, and capacity analysis. An experienced Geographic Information System (GIS) Techinican is needed to assist the Planning Data and GIS team in maintaining SPS and providing GIS support to transportation planning staff.
• Perform specialized technical work in support of complex GIS applications
• Implement geo-databases
• Perform spatial analyses and produce reports according to customer specifications
• Assist in the development of geographic information systems that create, maintain, or leverage geospatial base-map information.
• Conduct geographic information system (GIS) program activities, utilizing GIS hardware and software to produce models, maps, spatial databases, and thematic data
• Document procedures
• Validate data for accuracy and completeness
• Complete approved metadata
• Evaluate information and data from outside sources to determine the quality
Considerable experience with ESRI ArcGIS Software (Desktop and extensions) 3 Years Required
Considerable experience working with web services 3 Years Required
Knowledge of Linear Referencing Systems and experience using the ArcGIS Linear Referencing Tools 3 Years Required
Experience in process automation utilizing Python. Model Builder, and other Geoprocessing techniques 3 Years Highly desired
Knowledge of data gathering techniques and various systems for organizing and interpreting such data. 3 Years Required
Knowledge of Location and navigation systems to integrate GPS devices and data with enterprise GIS 3 Years Required
Knowledge of GIS System Architecture to maintain and support enterprise GIS infrastructure 3 Years Highly desired
Strong Oracle or related RDBMS skills 3 Years Required
Working knowledge of transportation planning principals 3 Years Highly desired
Excellent verbal/written skills for documentation and training processes 3 Years Required