Organization: MDA Information Systems - Charlottesville, VA United States
Location: Charlottesville, VA 22901
Application Deadline: 2017-10-07
MDA Information Systems LLC is looking for an Intelligence professional experienced supporting Science and Technology working with geophysical (seismic, infrasonic, acoustic, electro-magnetic, gravitimetric) Measurements and Signatures Intelligence (MASINT) in Charlottesville, VA. The ideal candidate will utilize their past experience and relationships to help perform target deconstruction and develop technical collection efforts. We are looking for someone to be a pivotal member of a dynamic team that enables our clients to create technologically savvy collection concepts that defend against threats in a global environment.
We are open to full or part-time employment for this opportunity.
Essential Job Functions
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of geospatial and weather information. The firm serves a diverse client including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA Information Systems LLC is an industry leader in GIS, earth observation remote sensing technology, and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery from the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: Much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI with CI Poly security clearance.
- Act as an interface between mission partners
- Represent the customer at inter-agency working groups
- Utilize state-of-the-art tools and technologies to tackle hard problems
- Identify critical intelligence gaps facing collection operations
- Identify and assess capabilities, vulnerabilities, and technology trends that enable new collection operations to answer critical intelligence questions
- Work with analysts and collectors to develop collection initiatives and strategies to solve information shortfalls
- Research and create current and longer term studies to steer intelligence operations and exploit key data
- Brief clients on study results
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to brainstorm creative technical solutions
- Discover and communicate meaningful patterns from geophysical MASINT data sets
- Provide controls for technical rigor and quality of output
- Provide subject matter guidance and expertise to managers and technical staff
- Apply geophysical and geospatial sensor data in support of customer challenges
- Work closely with other subject matter experts, analysts, engineers, and physicists to formulate requirements and develop models
- Work with others in the organization to suggest and develop enhancements to current modeling technologies and approaches
- Active TOP SECRET Security Clearance w/ CI Poly
- Eligibility for SCI access
- Bachelor's Degree in Geophysics, Physics, Earth Sciences, or similar and 3+ years of experience performing geophysical MASINT signature analysis and exploitation or 6+ years of experience performing geophysical MASINT signature analysis and exploitation
- 6+ years of IC experience
- Experience planning, installing, monitoring and maintaining sensor networks
- Strong analytic research and investigative skills
- Ability to work independently, within a team or leading a team
- Strong personal initiative to take on challenges and hard problems with little or no direction
- Ability to communicate complex information in technical reports, presentations, and customer consultations
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline, computer science, physics, mathematics/statistics, chemistry, biology, or material science
- The ability to work with multiple M&S tools to include Stella®, MATLAB® and Simulink®
- The ability to conduct network/nodal analysis
- ArcGIS experience
- Knowledge in computer programming languages, such as C++, Python, other
- Military targeting experience