Organization: Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG)
Title: Research Analyst II
Location: Sacramento, CA
Application Deadline: 2017-08-18
The Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) is seeking qualified candidates for a Data and Research Analyst II (Classification: Analyst II – Research Analyst).
Provide professional support specializing in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The primary purpose of the position is to assist in the maintenance and support of existing applications as well as the creation, implementation, and development of new desktop, web-based, and mobile based GIS applications. Responsibilities will include day-to-day project execution and data deliverables. Projects and tasks may include but are not limited to data collection and integration, map production, advanced spatial analysis and database manipulation.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in geoscience, urban planning or a related field
• One or more years’ professional experience in using ESRI software for cartography and spatial analysis with knowledge in geography, scientific methods and GIS principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Valid California driver’s license
• Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency
• Advanced proficiency in ESRI suite of software products
• Experience with programming/application development using HTML and Javascipt
• Ability to prepare presentations and provide user training
• Accuracy and attention to detail
please apply at: