Title: Sr. GIS Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA
Assist a DoD client in creating and modifying base map geospatial data layers. The candidate must possess the ability to create, modify and update geospatial data with ArcGIS for Desktop in an agile and dynamic working environment. He/She will be expected to communicate and coordinate with other staff and/or contractors, project management, DoD clients, and installation personnel. The Analyst must be able to learn quickly and provide innovative and unique solutions to frequently changing obstacles.
• Must act as geospatial expert and work with local personnel and subject matter experts to assess current geospatial data holdings and prioritize collection efforts while on-site
• Must be able to lead project initiatives through direct tasking, analyst mentorship, and frequent communication between SME’s and Analysts.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of data sources including but not limited to, pdf’s, Visio diagrams, Excel spreadsheets, and personal interviews to develop meaningful geospatial data
• Familiarity and experience with GPS devices, heads up digitizing, and SME interviews as methods for creating geospatial data
• Experience editing and working with multi-user versioned MS SQL enterprise geodatabases
• Must have intermediate to advanced skills using Python to automate geospatial data maintenance activities
• Should be well versed in DoD IGI&S geospatial data concepts including SDSFIE v3.1
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and documentation habits to include but not limited to; decisions, developed procedures, configuration, and/or custom scripts
• Must be agile and able to respond to rapidly changing requirements and environments
• Travel is required 25% of the time. The desired candidate will be required to plan their own travel. Accommodations may include on-base lodging
The following are requirements of the potential candidate:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, GIS, or computer related field
• Proficiency with MS Office, and Esri products including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and Portal for ArcGIS
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
• GISP Preferred
• Comp TIA Security+ desired
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the potential candidate:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience including Esri ArcGIS environments, ArcGIS Portal
• Knowledge of DoD and Federal GIS Data Standards and Policy, including SDSFIE
• Experience in DoD Installation Geospatial Information and Services (IGI&S) or other DoD installation functional areas, and military working environments
• Ability to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve complex problems
• Ability to obtain or already possess an FAA certified Part 107 sUAS pilot’s license
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.