Organization: North Point Geographic Solutions
Title: Web Application Developer
Location: Duluth, MN USA
North Point Geographic Solutions (NPGS), located in Duluth MN is seeking a self-motivated, talented individual who is eager to join our growing small business team as a full-time Web Application Developer. We are an ESRI business partner and specialize in creating custom GIS solutions and applications using the latest GIS technologies, including ArcGIS Online and Mobile/Web applications. You will become an integral part of a small, dynamic team utilizing agile development methodologies and focused on client service. You may also work on multiple, large GIS Programming projects for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as have opportunities to use your leadership skills by helping coordinate small-scale Software Development projects. NPGS offers competitive benefits including: ST/LT disability, health insurance, PTO and paid holidays, as well as retirement benefits for eligible employees.
• Coordinate with GIS Data Analysts/Programmers to complete
all life-cycle phases of Software development projects.
• Help set priorities in projects and tasks and those of the team,
balancing importance and urgency.
• Provide insight and support to other team members on a
variety of technical tasks.
• Maintain a good understanding of NPGS Database contents
and specifications, as well as the various tools and
technologies utilized for database creation and maintenance.
• Understand the NPGS organizational structure and coordinate
as part of a team with the potential to lead small-scale
• Participate in departmental and cross-functional projects,
which will help to increase efficiency, quality and/or reduce
costs within operations.
• Prepare and present regular client demo meetings, following
an Agile methodology.
• Track project requirements, perform testing and
documentation of defects, perform defect fixes for software
• Follow through on timely completion of tasks, while
maintaining quality and integrity.
• Bachelor/University degree or Technical College degree in
Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Web Application
Development or related field preferred, but not required.
• 4+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of
education and related work experience.
• Eager to learn and come up to speed in a fast-paced
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience as a team lead or project management
experience a plus.
• Preferred knowledge (but not mandatory) of the following:
PHP, ASP.Net MVC, AngularJS, Bootstrap, MongoDB, Version
Control, Application Testing, GIS software packages, e.g.
ESRI/ArcGIS, Graphic design experience, Agile methodology,
• Excellent written and oral communication, as well as team
• Must be authorized to work in United States.
• NPGS Corporate Headquarters are in Duluth, MN. Position
requires availability to work on-site. Ideal candidates may be
considered for remote work.
Please email resume to Carolyn Adams at: firstname.lastname@example.org