Organization: Tennessee American Water
Title: GIS Intern
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Application Deadline: 2017-10-13
Tennessee American Water is seeking a qualified intern to assist the GIS team in the maintenance and addition of main replacement as-builts and developer installed as-builts to the existing distribution system maps. The work will start in November of 2017 and last for approximately 6 months.
The GIS contractor will be responsible for working directly with the Engineering team to maintain and update distribution system maps. The contractor may also be responsible for special mapping projects as needs arise. Specific duties may include:
• Adding and editing features and attributes in GIS.
• Managing the Asset Management system in SAP
• Reading and interrupting As-Built drawings.
• General familiarity with working with an existing SDE geodatabase and in a versioned environment.
• Managing the GPS workflow
• Managing the ArcGIS Online data and mobile applications
• Current or past enrollment in a degree or certificate program in GIS, geography, urban planning, engineering, or related field.
• Experience using ESRI ArcGIS software (specifically ArcGIS 10.3), including ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
• Experience using ArcGIS Online
• Familiarity with basic GIS concepts, including data creation and management, cartography and spatial analysis.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with the Engineering Team and other staff members, as well as independently.
• Excel spreadsheet skills a plus.
Hours of work will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Compensation: To be determined
The successful candidate will be working with an experienced GIS Analyst.
Email resume to Megan.Catalina@amwater.com