Organization: Southern NH Planning Commission
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Manchester, NH
The Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission (SNHPC) is seeking a Senior GIS Analyst to complement our professional planning staff. The Senior GIS Analyst will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and utilizing spatial data and GIS to support the SNHPC’s land use, environmental, and transportation planning projects.
As a regional planning agency and designated Metropolitan Planning Organization for the greater Manchester, NH region, the SNHPC prepares local and regional plans, and assists 14 member municipalities with transportation, community development, land use, environmental, and public health planning services.
This position requires considerable knowledge of GIS software and the practical application of spatial data analysis techniques, including building and maintaining GIS datasets, maps, models and reports. The Senior GIS Analyst will also assist in the maintenance and utilization of the region’s travel demand model for projecting future traffic conditions and to support air quality analyses.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Geography or related field and three years of progressively responsible GIS analysis experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and five years of professional transportation planning experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
• Lead the development of cartographic products in support of the SNHPC’s local and regional planning efforts.
• Provide internal assistance to staff related to the practical application of GIS analysis techniques.
• Coordinate the development GIS-related special studies, including build-out analyses.
• Create, edit, and maintain spatial datasets using ESRI ArcGIS software.
• Assist with developing planning studies and reports in support of new and updated municipal and regional plans and programs.
• Assist in the review of development proposals and site plans for conformance with environmental constraints, local ordinances, and statewide regulations.
• Evaluate potential improvements to the SNHPC’s spatial data management system.
• Explore methods of utilizing new emerging technologies, like ArcGIS Online, to benefit the SNHPC’s communities.
• Provide GIS-related assistance to support the development of the SNHPC’s regional travel demand model.
• Knowledge of GIS-related software programs, including but not limited to ArcGIS 10.3, and extensions of ArcGIS including Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, and ArcGIS Online.
• Knowledge of the application of GIS analysis principles and practices.
• Experience in the application of cartographic design techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively with elected officials, staff, volunteers and the general public.
• Ability to prepare well-written professional reports for publications and presentations.
• Ability to work independently, meet frequent deadlines, and assist with multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to creatively solve problems.
This position requires a current, valid driver’s license. The position requires travel throughout the region, occasional long-distance travel, and occasional night meetings.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $49,000 to $57,000 DOE.
The SNHPC offers competitive health and dental insurance benefits, and participates in the New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS) pension plan.
Applying for the Position:
Persons interested in applying for the position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by to:
Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission
438 Dubuque Street
Manchester, NH 03102
Or submit electronically to lmoore-o’email@example.com with the subject heading “Senior GIS Analyst Position.”
The Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is open until filled.