Organization: NJ Transit
Title: Director, GIS (Geographic Information Systems), Signage & Transit Arts
1. Directs GIS, Signage and Transit Arts Programs, including development of capital budgets, staff work plans, staff development and training, procurements; and is responsible for determination of resource and equipment requirements to sustain programs.
2. Directs staff and consultant activities required to maintain geographic accurate profile of bus operating plan, including: data development, GPS data collection, data integration and all GIS data maintenance activities required to support internal programs, including Smart Bus, HASTUS, Bus Scheduling, ATIS, Access Link and the Bus Stop Inventory. Provides technical support and expertise as required.
3. Directs staff and consultant activities required to maintain Signage programs that provide Customer Information for NJ TRANSIT Commuter and Light Rail passengers, including installation and maintenance of Facility Signage, Trailblazer Signage and fabrication of Public Information Display (PID) Cases.
4. Directs staff and consultant activities required for procurement and implementation of the Transit Arts Program, including coordination with agency staff and community groups to ensure development and condition of artwork at station facilities is maintained.
5. Directs staff and consultant activities required for design, production and publication of agency maps and graphics, including Rail and Bus System Maps, Local Area Maps of rail station vicinities, Station Directory Maps of major terminals and thematic maps required for data analyses. Provides technical support and expertise to external parties on local and regional mapping and cartographic efforts.
6. Directs staff and consultant activities required for development and maintenance of the “Transit Map” intranet application that provides agency staff with graphic displays of the NJ TRANSIT Bus and Rail Operating Plan, as well as the geographic street grid comprising the NJ TRANSIT Service Area.
7. Directs staff and consultant activities required for maintenance of the Rail GIS data repository, which includes topographic survey and aerial imagery of the NJ TRANSIT Rail ROW. The repository serves as base data for planning and preliminary design projects.
8. Directs development and preparation of Title VI documents in response to FTA requirements, including data preparation, thematic maps and analyses required for Demographic Analysis and Service Equity Analysis.
9. Directs staff and consultants planning and design activities required for research and development of new applications that leverage existing GIS bus and rail applications.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Geography, Public Administration, Information Technology, Engineering or related area and ten (10) years of progressive experience in geospatial data development and graphic design within the transportation industry. At least five (5) years of managerial experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and salary requirements to Anita Ervin Aervin@njtransit.com
THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY HAS A RESIDENCY LAW
Equal Opportunity Employer