Organization: RedCastle Resources Inc.
Title: Lead Geospatial Developer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA
RedCastle Resources is a small, employee-friendly company providing on‐site Remote Sensing, GIS, and Information Technology support to the USDA Forest Service, Geospatial Technology and Applications Center (GTAC) in Salt Lake City, Utah. GTAC is a national center of excellence within the Forest Service for remote sensing and geospatial data analysis, training, and data provisioning. GTAC assists National Forests, Regional and Washington Offices, Research, International Programs, and other federal agencies by using advanced geospatial technologies for improved mapping, inventorying, and monitoring of natural resources. Our team of developers supports various GTAC, Forest Service, and interagency projects.
● Ability to manage projects through the full development lifecycle;
● Development experience building RESTful web services and APIs;
● Experience with PostgreSQL / PostGIS, or other relevant SQL;
● Knowledge of geospatial data formats, geographic coordinate systems, GDAL, and ESRI APIs for webmap development;
● BA/BS with 6+ years’ experience (graduate degree in lieu of experience, or experience in lieu of degree is acceptable).
Preferred additional qualifications:
● Experience with D3 and/or Leaflet libraries;
● Familiarity with ArcGIS Enterprise, AGOL, and other commercial geospatial software packages;
● Experience with version control (Git/BitBucket) and build servers (Jenkins) for Continuous Delivery systems;
● Systems administration experience in both Windows and Linux.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated initiative, and be able to effectively lead project teams and prioritize project activities to meet client requirements. The successful candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills. A desire to creatively solve complex problems and apply new and innovative technologies to application development is essential.
Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience. This is a full time position. Full time employees are eligible for a complete benefits package including health insurance, childcare flexible spending account, company matching 401K and profit sharing, disability and dental plans, and paid vacation and holidays. If you are interested in applying, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Phone calls and emails are welcome for additional information. Contact human resources at 801-322-5100.
RedCastle Resources Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.