Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Junior Natural Resources GIS Analyst
Location: Vallejo, CA
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a Junior Natural Resources GIS Analyst
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Junior Natural Resources GIS Analyst to support a Regional Land Status and Land Adjustments Project. This project is integral to the land ownership adjustment, non-recreation special uses and boundary adjustment programs. This may include land exchanges, land sales, right-of-way acquisitions, donations and purchases. The position shall require input of data into LSRS, both tabular and spatial, and integration with the Land Adjustment Data System (LADS) as well as other related duties. Work in this position shall require knowledge of and demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office software and ESRI ArcGIS 9x/10x. The position is located in Vallejo, CA.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or related degree.
• One year of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
• Master’s degree in GIS –accounts for one year experience requirement.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS - Must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
• Ability to interpret, analyze, correlate and evaluate thematic map data and records.
• Knowledge and demonstrated skills in the use of Esri software, specifically ArcGIS 9x/10x.
• Knowledge and demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Familiarity with GIS principles and Esri GIS software products.
Applicants will be given priority for those who have:
• Working knowledge of databases.
• Background knowledge of public land records and infrastructure.
• Ability to learn and use ParcelQuest software.
• Preparing Land Status Reports.
• Entering deed information, reservations, outstanding rights, etc., into the Land Status Record System (LSRS) following established protocols.
• Interpreting historic records.
• Interpreting Master Title Plats.
• Maintaining land status records.
• Responding quickly to requests for land status records.
• Maintaining LSRS corporate-wide applications to disseminate GIS Maps.
• Maintaining relationships with personnel and other technical experts as necessary.
• Participating in meetings with lands, boundary and other program leads.
• Participating in field trips to county assessors as needed.
• Working with Regional Realty Specialists and other Information Management Staff.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
• OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
• National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
Release to Obtain Credit Information
• PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.