Organization: City of Bryan
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Bryan, TX
The City of Bryan is currently accepting applications for GIS Technician. This position Creates and maintains GIS layers for the Public Works Department. departments.
• Creates maps to assist maintenance crews on location of infrastructure.
• Coordinates the collection and entry of GPS data and incorporates the data into the GIS.
• Reads and interprets engineering drawings to add new infrastructure into the GIS.
• Updates GIS maps to reflect maintenance and repairs to existing infrastructure.
• Collaborates with other GIS users within the City of Bryan to maintain data integrity.
• Provides technical support to other GIS users within the city.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Required: High School Diploma or GED plus 5-8 years of work experience utilizing GIS and GPS; OR an Associate's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Spatial Sciences, Geospatial Technology or related field plus 1-3 years of work experience utilizing GIS and GPS.
• Preferred: Bachelor's degree Geography, Spatial Sciences or related field plus 1 year experience utilizing GIS and GPS. Equivalent combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
$16.15-$19.60/hour (depending on experience)
You must apply directly online with the City of Bryan in order to be considered. For a complete job description or to apply click the link below. You should receive an online confirmation upon successfully applying. Please attach a resume at the time of application.
APPLICATION LINK: Click here to apply
About Bryan, Texas:
The City of Bryan is conveniently located at the center of the Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston and Austin/San Antonio triangle. With a population of approximately 77,000, and its neighboring city (College-Station), which is similar in size, there are amenities of a large city, but with the sense of a small community. The cost of living in Bryan is 2.4% less than the Texas average and 12.3% less than the national average. Bryan is also proud of its diverse culture, quality homes and neighborhoods, exceptional educational facilities and advanced health care facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer