Organization: Quantum Spatial
Title: Energy Program Manager
Location: Portland, OR
The Energy Program Manager works both at QSI offices and Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) facilities to act as a technical consultant & program manager, to keep PG&E abreast of QSI technologies, and be a liaison between PG&E’s needs and QSI’s offerings. The Program Manager will be dedicated to the PG&E vegetation management program and will be expected to dedicate 40 hrs (full-time) a week to supporting that program’s needs, and providing consulting for their LiDAR programs. The Program Manager will spend approximately 60% of their time at client facilities located throughout California and 40% in QSI’s Portland office.
The preferred candidate will be familiar with QSI Energy workflows, their limitations and possible solutions, and industry best practices. The individual must also be familiar with PG&E or utility vegetation management practices, FERC and NERC compliance documents, and capabilities and shortcomings of remote sensing analysis. The Program Manager will work with PG&E stakeholders throughout their organization, from field users to developers to project and program managers. This individual must be able to synthesize project feedback back to QSI in professional and documented manner, supporting PG&E and QSI’s needs. The Program Manager will demonstrate strategic vision, while being flexible with ambiguity and limited direction.
- Support QSI Account Manager & Project Manager as necessary.
- Support PG&E Managers as necessary.
- Provide technical consult for PG&E for current and prospective QSI projects.
- Remain current on existing solutions and technologies within the industry (both Geo-Spatial & Utility Vegetation Management).
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of QSI’s data processing and workflows.
- Educate client for remote sensing centric alternative solutions.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of PG&E’s operational needs.
- Responsive to all client communication.
- Engage in client consultation and potential change management.
- Ability to see problems through PG&E’s perspective, QSI’s perspective, and arrive at a mutually collaborative solution.
- Ability to ingest client feedback back into QSI production.
- Technical competence to troubleshoot problems before they are issues.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to train others using clear communication and provided program tools.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients and contractors.
- Ability to interact with field crews and integrate feedback into QSI’s solutions.
- Report on program & project status, and annual operational work status.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- A combination of 3+ years of technical experience (Remote Sensing / Geo-spatial) or Utility Vegetation Management.
- 3+ project or program or project management leadership.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional work environment.
- Familiarity with databases and statistical reporting (SQL, Access, relational data-base management).
- Confident knowledge, along with ability to process and troubleshoot ESRI or vector-based software, LiDAR processing software (MicroStation, PLS CADD, Cloud Compare),
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to create, edit, and showcase technical documents, along with running occasional presentations that are customer facing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Drive.
- 1+ years direct client consultation.
- Masters or higher in relevant field.
- Electric Utility experience
- Knowledge of consulting, change management, and negotiating.
- Exceptional communication skills and professionalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in programming languages (Java, Python, C++, VBA).
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical, professional work environment.
- Active pursuit of PMP, CBAP or IIBA.
- 5+ years direct client interactions.
- 1+ years in field operations environment
- Familiarity with digital remote work management systems.
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.