Organization: Eylon International
Title: GIS Trainer
MOBILE GIS Trainer Services. This is a full-time GIS Mobile GIS trainer services to assist the federal contractor Mobile GIS lead in documenting, training and supporting mobile GIS applications supported by Oregon/Washington BLM for field data collection that supports the organizations enterprise GIS systems.
This position shall perform the following, but is not limited to:
• Work under the direction of the mobile GIS Lead to develop and maintain systems for mobile
GIS field data collection for corporate state and national BLM resource databases.
• Work under the direction of the mobile GIS Lead to develop, as systems in an integrated
mobile GIS application, test, pilot and deploy to field offices.
• Train and provide support to field staff in the use of Mobile GIS.
• Travel. Anticipate 10 three-day trips to remote federal office locations and one week out of state travel.
• Testing programs on mobile GIS units and coordinating User Acceptance Testing
• Documenting schema, requirements, results and user guides
• Conduct remote training via WebEx.
• Complete all required BLM training, follow policies for network access, research emerging
systems, assist to manage licensing and purchases and perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements. Contractor personnel shall possess the following skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• Good writing skills for technical documents such as software requirements, user guides, and
configuration management documents.
• Two years’ experience or more teaching formal classes and writing associated class exercises related to field data collection and GIS.
• Three years’ experience or more working with ESRI Suite of software including ESRI
desktop, mobile, and web products.
• Three years’ experience or more working with and providing support to field staff collecting data in a remote environment.
• Three years’ experience or more working with workflows that tie natural resource data collection to ESRI based GIS systems.
• One-year experience or more working with ArcGIS Online and publishing and using hosted feature services.
Desired Skills. Extra consideration will be given to contract personnel that has these additional skills:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited university
• Experience with Trimble and Juniper Systems high accuracy receivers
• Experience writing test plans for internally developed software.
• Experience participating on an AGILE development team as a tester to ensure high product
If interested, please email your resume to Jon: email@example.com