Organization: City of Olathe,KS
Title: Systems Analyst
Location: Olathe, KS
At the City of Olathe, Kansas we are "Setting the Standard for Excellence in Public Service" and we have the results and the awards to prove it! The City of Olathe is a consistent leader in national public sector customer service results. Recognition by 24/7 Wall St. as one of "America's Best Cities to Live" and selection to Bloomberg Philanthropies' "What Works Cities" initiative place Olathe in an elite category for local government.
The City of Olathe Public Works Department is actively seeking a Systems Analyst to plan, design, develop, and maintain efficient GIS, utility billing and work order/asset management information systems in support of core departmental functions.
• Analyzes business application requirements for functional areas of Public Works.
• Documents software specifications.
• Designs, develops, implements, and maintains department's automated utility billing and work order/asset management systems.
• Designs, develops, and implements GIS applications to support Public Works.
• Provides consultation, education, and guidance to stakeholders.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to assess business requirements and develop strategies for application development and integration with business data.
• Troubleshoots and resolves application issues.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience: 3 to 5 years work order/asset management system experience required; 2-3 years GIS Analyst experience required; CMMS, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services/Crystal Reports, Esri Web Mapping, and GIS Database experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred. Master's degree is preferred
Licenses: Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Driver's License.
Successfully pass background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen. Salary: Depends on Qualifications.
Apply at www.olatheks.org