Title: Project Manager
Location: Huntsville, AL
Atlantic seeks to grow its project management staff and capacities. Atlantic has been putting more focus on developing new clients in various new markets and geographies, that involve projects that are very diverse in size/scale and deliverables. We are looking to augment our current project management department with a mid- to senior-level Project Manager, able to handle a variety of clients, projects, and opportunities.
1. Education: A minimum B.S./B.A. in a geospatial field is required.
2. Work Experience: 10 years of mapping related experience, training and education, including 3 years in a leadership role. Prior (project) management experience is required.
3. Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal, written).
4. Strong interpersonal / team work skills.
5. Strong math skills (estimating, forecasting, budgeting, risk analysis, etc.). 6. PMI PMP certification is desired but not required. Must be able to obtain certification within 1 year of employment.
Position Description: To lead and manage existing and new Atlantic clients and projects throughout the entire project management life cycle from inception to post-closure; to organically grow existing accounts (clients).
This position includes the following responsibilities:
Key Project Management Responsibilities:
1. Carry out project management responsibilities for assigned projects. This involves interfacing with Business Development staff, client communication, coordination of resources (field and in-office), establishing and monitoring/controlling the project budget and schedule, tracking of deliverable production, report writing, etc.
2. Work with other Atlantic project managers to ensure company financial success (10% project profitability minimum per year) and total client satisfaction (defined as an average score of 3.5 out of 5.0 and above on client satisfaction surveys) with the professional services provided by Atlantic.
3. Secure “organic growth” of client accounts, i.e. not only ensuring repeat business, but also upselling and growing the scope of existing projects, as well as expanding capabilities, areas, and offered services for follow-up projects.
4. Participate in all internal PM-related meetings.
5. Serve as the direct client interface with both existing and new clients.
6. Support any business development efforts when technical expertise is needed to support Atlantic’s sales goals. This may include (onsite) scoping / project requirement meetings.
7. Participate and contribute to identifying, designing, and implementing technical and PM policies, procedures and business practices that will yield consistent results and improvements.
8. Provide timely financial and budgetary information to senior management for invoicing / revenue projection / profitability purposes / and monthly status reports.
9. Issue Work Authorizations and provide written individual staff assignments in a manner consistent with meeting the clients’ schedule, cost and quality objectives.
10. Coordinate with Atlantic’s other project managers, Vice President of Production, Executive Vice Presidents, and President/CEO to ensure all staff assignments and priorities are aligned with client and corporate requirements. Provide input to short-, mid-, and long-term planning and scheduling.
11. Identify, design and implement policies, procedures and business practices that will yield improvements to Atlantic’s project execution workflow.
12. Attend trade shows / conferences as needed.
If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will put you in contact with the hiring managers for this position.