Organization: Puget Sound Energy
Title: Gas GIS Technician #50919
Location: Bellevue, WA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Gas GIS Technician I #50919
Puget Sound Energy’s Maps and Records Department is looking for a Gas GIS Technician I to join our team! To apply, go to http://www.pse.com/careers and search for #50919.
The Gas GIS Technician I is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining maps, in GE Smallworld GIS, that is in accordance with PSE’s standards, guidelines and practices. These mapping jobs and revisions shall be predominantly simple-to-medium complexity in nature. There will also be opportunities to retrieve, research, analyze and interpret maps, as-built, records and engineering documents as needed.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Identify and resolve missing, wrong or conflicting information on construction records and maps
• Assist with routine and special mapping, data entry and clerical duties
• • Assist with field verification for maintaining maps and plant records
• Assist with training
• Requires high school diploma or GED
• Requires minimum 2-year certificate in GIS, CAD or similar program, or equivalent work experience
• Requires successful completion of course work in basic physics and mathematics
• Requires a valid driver’s license
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Record research experience and map reading
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.