Organization: Innovate! Inc.
Title: Web Developer with GIS
Location: Cambridge, MA
Innovate! Inc. in conjunction with the prime contractor, is recruiting for a Geospatial Web Developer to serve the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center in Cambridge, MA. Volpe is the the center of transportation and logistics expertise, operating under the United States Department of Transportation. Please visit https://www.volpe.dot.gov/ to learn more about the center.
For immediate consideration, please apply directly to our website at https://innovateteam.secure.force.com/InnovatePublicJobBoard
The work that you do can save lives, save time, reduce emissions, promote civil rights, and help the government make every dollar count. You will gain new skills and be able to guide your career along any number of possible paths, from more technical to more managerial. Staff who succeed in this position have improved their leadership abilities, interacted with clients effectively, and grown into subject matter experts.
The selected candidate must be a U.S. citizen and submit to a standard Background Investigation to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
The candidate must have proven experience developing custom geospatial web based software applications using C# in the ASP.NET environment and Esriís suite of geographic information system software. The candidate must have strong software development and relational database skills. Experience with Python programming language to automate GIS tasks is also highly desirable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the design, development, refinement, and maintenance of geospatial web applications, modeling applications, and databases needed to support a wide variety of web-based geospatial tools.
- Assist in the use of GIS and related technologies to develop tools and conduct analyses for the purpose of assessing the safety, security, effectiveness, efficiency, and environmental impact of various transportation systems.
- Analyze requirement, translate into design specifications, design, develop, code, unit/integration test work products, and support deployment activities.
- Participate in peer reviews of software designs and operation code as needed.
- Experience with Esriís suite of Geographic Information System (GIS) software required
- Relational Database experience required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer science background in an educational and/or professional setting is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Python is desirable
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our website at www.innovateteam.com to learn more about Innovate!
Innovate! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.